- Lifelong St. Louis resident and published travel journalist specializing in St. Louis tourism whose work has appeared in St. Louis Small Business Monthly and Southampton Neighborhood News.
- Ghostwriter for several St. Louis companies, penning several opinion pieces for the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the St. Louis Daily Record, and Nation's Restaurant News.
David O'Brien is a former writer for TripSavvy who published a variety of articles about traveling to the St. Louis area. O'Brien is a life-long resident and proponent of the St. Louis area, and his passion for his hometown has been the focal point of his writing career.
O'Brien grew up in St. Charles County but moved into the City of St. Louis in 1996. He has volunteered his time to his local neighborhood association as well as city-wide organizations formed to promote St. Louis and the surrounding region.
Along with writing for TripSavvy, O'Brien has been published in St. Louis Small Business Monthly and Southampton Neighborhood News. He has also ghostwritten for dozens of St. Louis companies, with articles and opinion pieces published in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the St. Louis Daily Record, and Nation's Restaurant News.
David graduated with a bachelor's degree from the University of Missouri in Columbia.Awards and Publications
- "A Guide to the Missouri History Museum in St. Louis"
- "The Best Christmas Light Displays in St. Louis"
- "St. Louis' Most Famous Restaurants and Food Finds"
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.