"You can't sell what you don't know."
That's an adage we hear constantly in the tourism arena and it happens to be true. Travel sellers need to experience and understand a product in order to effectively promote and sell it.
The best way to acquire that knowledge?
Agent familiarization or fam trips of course. They're are an essential tool in a travel sellers' professional development.
A number of factors go into successful fam trip experiences. We'd love to hear back from you about which suppliers are providing exceptional (or not) and worthwhile fams.
We'd also love your input in fams you'd like to see in the future.
Check with us regularly. We're launching this list feature to keep you updated on upcoming fam opportunities. We'll update it continually.
If you're a supplier, please drop us a line and we'll include your fams in the list.
Costa Rica Classis with Sunny Land Tours
Costa Rica continues to top travel surveys as one of the most desirable destinations around. Agents can get a taste of the waterfalls, volcanoes and rainforests that make the country so appealing. Sunnyland Tours offers a fam that highlights Costa Rica at its finest.
Here are some of the included experiences:
Stroll the coffee fields of the Doka Estates Plantation, peer into the crater of the world's widest rimmed volcano, feel the spray of the La Paz Waterfalls, and soak in the hot waters of famous Tabacon Hot Springs. You'll also visit the iconic coastal surf town of Tamarindo Beach and the all inclusive beach resort of Barcelo Playa Langosta!San Jose, Arenal, Langosta Beach
The fam includes:
- Arrival shuttle transfer from SJO airport
- 2 nights at Barcelo San Jose Palacio Hotel in San Jose
- 2 nights in Arenal at the Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa
- 3 nights in the all-inclusive beach resort, Barcelo Playa Langosta.
- All meals, drinks, and entertainment at the beach
- 15 Meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 dinners
- Optional Tour: Full day Combo Tour to Poas Volcano, Doka Estates Coffee Plantation and the Amazing La Paz Waterfall Gardens with lunch $114
- Tour of Arenal Volcano & Tabacon Natural Hot Mineral Springs with lunch, dinner and stop in Sarchi Artisan Village
- Entrance fees to parks and and all places of interest
- Optional Sky Tram/Sky Trek at Sky Adventure Park Arenal $80
- All transportation within Costa Rica per itinerary
- Departure transfer to Liberia International Airport
Agents are invited to pick their own fam date, with confirmations are on first-come, first-serve basis, limited availability.
Best of all, you can invite up to 16 guests at the fam rate.
Eight days, $899
Cuba FAM with Sunny Land
Cuba is opening up like never before. That's good news for agents, but only if they stay on top of tourism product in the island nation.
Sunny Land Tours is offering an introductory fam to Havana, Cuba that can help you sell the destination to curious clients.
The Four-Day People to People program highlighting Havana's allure, history, culture and cuisine. You'll tour Hemmingway's trail, experience El Canonazo ceremony and enjoy Havana's top evening event, El Cabaret Parisienne at Hotel Nacional. Deluxe hotel accommodations in Havana and top guides are included.
- Buffet breakfast daily, two lunches and one dinner
- Comprehensive city tour of Old Havana including the Museo de Bellas Artes and a Mojito cocktail at La Bodeguita del Medio
- Lectures and briefings
- Cabaret Show at Hotel Nacional
- All escorted guided tours and visits including admission fees throughout
- All transportation within Cuba
- Government Hotel Taxes
- Services of SLT local representatives throughout
- Trip Interruption Insurance is required
Four days, $1,399
Karisma Hotels & Resorts has a reputation for being agent friendly. They're particularly known for their fam opportunities. Agents interested in experiencing the company's acclaimed Gourmet Inclusive program have several opportunities to do so.
The Gourmet Inclusive program features signature amenities such as private butlers and personal concierges. Properties feature swim-up suites and bars, canopied beach beds and beach front Sky Massages, as well as teens and kids clubs.
Destination Weddings are another key market for Karisma, and they're eager to have agents experience those offerings as well.
The fams include round trip transportation from Cancun International Airport and scheduled activities.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org