Crystal City, Virginia is an urban community in Northern Virginia that is located along the Potomac River with dramatic views of Washington, D.C. The downtown area is located within walking distance of a Metro station and has many upscale hotels, retail stores, restaurants, high-rise apartment buildings and commercial offices. A unique network of underground shops and walkways attracts visitors to Crystal City from around the region. With it's close proximity to Ronald Reagan National Airport, this area is a popular place for visitors to stay with convenient access to the nation's capital.
Crystal City is located in Arlington County, just south of downtown Washington, D.C., between National Airport and US Route 1. The main corridors providing access to the area are the George Washington Parkway and US Route 1-Jefferson Davis Highway. See a map
Neighborhoods Near Crystal City
Rosslyn, Arlington, Clarendon, Ballston, Pentagon City, Fairlington and Shirlington
Crystal City Metro Station
Virginia Railway Express (VRE)
ART-Arlington Transit Service
Points of Interest Near Crystal City
- Crystal City Shops - The premiere shopping mall is a collection of more than 200 stores, shops, restaurants and cafes that are situated together along tree lined streets. There is a food court with more than two dozen casual eateries as well as a variety of ethnic and fine dining restaurants.
- National Airport - The major airport serves the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area with primarily domestic flights. The facility is close to downtown and has a Metro station that provides direct transportation in and out of the city.
- Mount Vernon Trail - The paved multi-use recreation trail is nearly 18 miles long and is a favorite of area cyclists and runners. The trail offers wonderful views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C.’s famous landmarks.
- Birchmere Music Hall - The mid-sized concert venue offers a variety of live entertainment.
- Fashion Centre at Pentagon City - The upscale shopping mall includes 170 stores including Macy's, Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, Bailey Banks & Biddle, Banana Republic, Coach, Guess, Talbots, Swarovski Crystal Gallery and Williams-Sonoma.
- Pentagon Memorial - The memorial commemorates the 184 lives lost in the Pentagon and on American Airlines Flight 77 during the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. The memorial includes a park and gateway that spans approximately two acres with 184 memorial units, each dedicated to an individual victim.
- Air Force Memorial - This uniquely designed memorial honors the millions of men and women who have served in the United States Air Force.
Crystal City Restaurants
Crystal City has a nice variety of places to dine ranging from casual to fine-dining restaurants. See a guide to the restaurants in Crystal City
Crystal City Hotels
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel - 2800 S. Potomac Ave
- Courtyard by Marriott - 2899 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Crowne Plaza - 1480 Crystal Dr, Arlington, VA
- Crystal Gateway Marriott - 1700 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Doubletree Hotel - 300 Army Navy Dr
- Embassy Suites - 1300 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Hampton Inn - 2000 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Hilton - 950 N Stafford St
- Holiday Inn - 2650 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Hyatt Regency - 1325 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA
- Hilton Garden Inn - 2020 Jefferson Davis Hwy
- Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel - 900 S Orme St
- Westin Crystal City - 1800 Jefferson Davis Hwy