Grab your swimsuits and your light sabers. You can sail to a galaxy not all that far, far away along with Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Storm Troopers and the intergalactic gang on special Star Wars-themed cruises.
Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy
Occurring one day on select Disney Fantasy sailings, Star Wars Day at Sea is featured on itineraries sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida, to the Eastern and Western Caribbean. The cruises feature a full day of Star Wars celebrations, including a deck party, meet-and-greets with favorite intergalactic characters, Star Wars-themed youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise. Also featured will be exclusive at-sea screenings of all the Star Wars films as well as the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
Meet-and-Greets, Jedi Training and More
- Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy will be onboard for scheduled meet and greets, as well as roaming on deck and elsewhere around the ship. Guests also are encouraged to dress up in their own stellar costumes for the Star Wars Day at Sea.
- A shipboard version of the popular Jedi Training Academy experience (available at Disneyland and Disney World) invites young Padawans to learn lightsaber moves from a Jedi Master. They can then use the Force and face off in a final test against the evil Darth Vader.
- Kids and families can also enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, covering fun facts from the film and television sagas.
- For Younglings, Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities will be offered throughout the day in Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab youth clubs for kids ages 3-12.
- In the evening, adults entering the night club will feel like they stepped into the Mos Eisley cantina scene. Characters and cantina music set the mood as Star Wars-themed specialty cocktails are served.
Film Screenings and Celeb Sightings
- Guests can watch the first six Star Wars films to follow Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke and Princess Leia along their epic adventures. Also showing will be episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
- On each of the special sailings, celebrities and insiders from the Star Wars franchise will share their experiences, meet fans and sign autographs.
Star Wars Deck Party and Fireworks
- At the Star Wars deck party, Star Wars characters converge on the deck stage for a party with music, dancing, games, special effects and guest participation.
- The deck party culminates in a display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects, lasers and Star Wars
Star Wars Day at Sea will be offered on Disney Fantasy cruises sailing January through April, 2017. The event will be available on 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings on these dates:
7-Night Western Caribbean sailings
- January 7, 2017
- January 21, 2017
- February 4, 2017
- February 18, 2017
- March 4, 2017
- March 18, 2017
- April 1, 2017
- April 15, 2017
7-Night Eastern Caribbean sailings
- January 14, 2017
- January 28, 2017
- February 11, 2017
- February 25, 2017
- March 11, 2017
- March 25, 2017
- April 8, 2017
Millennium Falcon on the Disney Dream
Want to learn about Star Wars theming on other Disney ships? The Disney Dream recently emerged from dry dock with some fun new intergalactic spaces. The Oceaneer Club for kids age 3 to 12 now includes a replica of the interior of the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's iconic spaceship. The highly themed space is surrounded by interactive panels with over one thousand LED lights and hundreds of buttons and levers.
Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic
In addition to Star Wars Day at Sea, Disney Cruise Line has also introduced Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic, which gives guests the chance to sail with Spider-Main, Thor, Captain America and other Marvel super heroes and villains.