Crown is a new 182-acre multi-use urban inspired neighborhood in Gaithersburg, Maryland. When completed, Crown will include four distinct neighborhoods, six parks, shopping, restaurants, a grocery store, fitness club, swimming pool and clubhouse. Currently construction is underway in Downtown Crown and Crown West. Crown East and Crown Central will be built in future phases. Housing options include apartments, townhouses and detached single-family homes.
The historic England-Crown farmhouse (the original property on the grounds) is being preserved and will be sold as a private residence. The farm’s historic silos and corn crib will be remain as features of City Park. A large village green will be designed to host community events ranging from musical performances to farmers markets.
Crown is located on adjacent land to the Washingtonian Center off of Sam Eig Highway, near Interstate 370, just a short distance from Shady Grove Metro Station. There will be a shuttle to and from the Metro station. Crown is also a stop on the future Corridor Cities Transitway, a state of Maryland Bus Rapid Transit line that will connect the Shady Grove Metro to Clarksburg.
- Downtown Crown - The central urban center offers places to shop, dine, and gather as a community. The Cadence is an apartment community, located in Downtown Crown, with 537 homes ranging from studios to three-bedroom units. Amenities include five outdoor courtyards, an outdoor pool and grilling area with fire pit, a fitness center with yoga studio, media room, gaming lounge and concierge desk. Cadence will open in January 2014.
- Crown West - The neighborhood is currently selling townhomes from three builders: Pulte Homes, KB Home and M/I Homes.
- Crown East – This community will be comprised of a variety of townhomes and single-family home styles, parks and family-friendly amenities.
- Crown Central – This neighborhood will feature high-rise apartments and condominiums with convenient access to a wide range of amenities.
Parks and Greenspace
- West Park, located in Crown West, is a French-style linear park that is ideal for a morning walk or jog. It connects with Downtown Crown, creating the perfect environment for a stroll to dining and shopping.
- Steinbeck Park in Crown West is an expansive open green space, surrounded by paved shared-use paths for walking, biking and jogging.
- Crown Park, located in Downtown Crown, is a community green ideal for picnicking and will host a variety of community events such as farmers’ markets and community celebrations.
- Meditation Park is quiet space in the heart of Downtown Crown, adjacent to one of the many reforestation areas and with lush landscaping and manicured garden.
- Green Park is a naturalized park stretching along Downtown Crown that features rain gardens, and a peaceful arbor perfect for sitting and watching the birds and butterflies.
- City Park is a 5-acre park operated by the City of Gaithersburg. This park will be maintained as 2 acres of open space for recreational use and 3 acres of reforested green space. The historic silos and corn crib from the original Crown Farm will be preserved as features of this park.