CrackerJax in Scottsdale, Arizona is described as a Family Fun and Sports Park. It is smaller than your typical amusement park and without roller coasters or carnival-type mechanical dare-devil rides. This is a place where children, adults, and families can come for some outdoor, active fun.
Open all year long, CrackerJax is a great way to spend a few hours with the family, your visiting relatives, or to work on that golf or baseball swing. The miniature golf courses, bumper boats, and go-karts are probably the most popular attractions. On a busy Saturday, you might have to wait in line. In the summer, CrackerJax is a welcome retreat from hot, sunny, boring days.
Activities for Kids and Families at CrackerJax
CrackerJax has something for just about everyone, ages two and up.
- Go-Karts are driven on a course that includes hairpin curves, S-curves, and a banked track. There is a height restriction, 56" tall, for single-seaters. Passengers that are 4 feet tall can ride in a double-seater with a driver who is over 18 years old.
- The smaller Jax Trax is a separate course for young children (must be at least 3 feet tall) where they get to drive Indy-style racing karts. It's a level course, with easy turns and bumpers along the track for safety.
- Bumper boats are big enough for one adult and two children. You might get wet! A driver has to be at least 4 feet tall, and the maximum weight per boat is 275 pounds.
- Choose from two miniature golf courses, one designed for young kids and one for older kids and adults. Or why choose? Play both!
- The Bungy Dome lets you fly! There's no height restriction, but the maximum weight for a person is 200 pounds. This attraction has a separate charge and is not included in wristbands or package prices.
In addition to the outdoor attractions, there is an indoor game center and a cafe for snacks and beverages.
Birthday party packages are available for groups of 8 or more. CrackerJax also hosts company parties and group events for up to 2,000 people.
Outside food or beverages are not permitted at CrackerJax.
Activities for Teens and Adults
While adults will enjoy many of the attractions at CrackerJax -- riding in the go-carts, experiencing the Bungy Dome and bumper boats -- you are likely to see the older teens and adults at the batting cages (softball and baseball), on the putting course (not goofy golf) or practicing golf on the shaded, multi-level golf driving range. The lower level teeing areas tee up your ball automatically! The driving range has extended hours and a separate entrance for regulars, who purchase a prepaid card that allows them to dispense balls and practice without seeing a cashier. This driving range has misters in the summer and lights in the evening. A third 18-hole putting course doesn't have the goofy golf features, so golfers wanting to practice their putting can do so there. There is also a regular putting green at the driving range.
If hitting baseballs or golf balls aren't on the agenda for date night (hey, why not?), the Optical Delusion 18-hole miniature golf course would be your game. It isn't to be taken too seriously, but provides some challenges and greater putting distances than the Amaze N' Golf miniature golf course which is designed with young children in mind.
Having a party? Reserve one of the volleyball courts or arrange a Water Wars competition!
Location, Admission, Hours
CrackerJax has only one location, and it is in Scottsdale on Scottsdale Road, 1/4 mile south of Bell Road. Take Loop 101 to the Frank Lloyd Wright/Bell Rd. exit and go west on Frank Lloyd Wright to Scottsdale Rd. Turn south onto Scottsdale Rd. and drive 1/4 mile to Tierra Buena. Turn left onto Tierra Buena.
16001 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
CrackerJax is open seven days per week, 363 days per year. It is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas day. CrackerJax opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m (closing at midnight Fridays and Saturdays). There may be shortened hours on certain holidays. The driving range opens earlier than the regular park for those with prepaid cards.
Technically, there's no admission charge to get into CrackerJax, but you pay depending on which attractions you want to enjoy. If you are playing miniature golf, driving go-karts and using the bumper boats, an unlimited wristband for four hours of fun is the way to go. The price varies depending on the day of the week. The best bargain is on Tuesdays, and, as you can imagine, the highest prices are charged on weekends. Other attractions are pay-as-you-go, and if you are only interested in miniature golf, you can pay by the round, or pay one price for unlimited miniature golf that day. There are lots of options!