- Courtney has covered Paris for TripSavvy since 2006 and also contributes stories on other European destinations. She is co-author of the 2012 Michelin Green Guide to Northern France & the Paris Region.
- In 2017, she launched Paris Unlocked where she shares travel tips and offers in-depth features on the world's most-visited city.
- Courtney holds degrees in English and Comparative Literature from the Sorbonne Nouvelle in Paris and the University of Oxford. She divides her time between Paris and London.
A journalist, editor, and new media specialist, Courtney lived, worked, and studied in Paris full-time for over a decade. In that time, she has come to know the ins and outs of Paris, including the best the city has to offer and and also its quirks. Her firsthand knowledge of French culture and language gives her an insider's perspective of Paris.
A native of Los Angeles, Courtney became a hopeless Francophile somewhere in her pre-teens, amusing and exasperating her family by carefully labeling furniture, walls, and windows with their respective names in French. She was determined to find a way to live in Paris one day.
Realizing that dream led her to become a leading voice on the city's present, past, and future. She has reported multiple stories on French politics, arts, fashion, and culture for media outlets, including the Associated Press, Radio France Internationale, and Condé Nast, and has been interviewed by the BBC, Australian Public Radio, National Geographic Traveller (UK), and other publications.
Courtney holds a B.A. in Literature from the University of California, Santa Cruz, a Master's in Comparative Literature from the Sorbonne Nouvelle in Paris, and a Doctorate in English from the University of Oxford. She has also completed professional courses in video, radio journalism, and digital media.Awards and Publications
- Courtney is co-author of the 2012 Michelin Green Guide to Northern France and the Paris Region.
- She has been interviewed by outlets including BBC Radio, ABC (Australian Public Radio) and Nat Geo Traveller UK as an authority on Parisian culture and tourism.
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.