Why Stay at Corinthia Hotel Prague?
Prague has a number of luxury hotels. But guests at Corinthia Hotel Prague can relish spectacular panoramic views of the city from the hotel's setting atop one of Prague’s seven hills.
Corinthia Hotel Prague is a modern hotel with uncluttered, airy rooms. On its penthouse floor are aspa and a pool with scenic views (seen above).
• "Czech" Hipmunk for fine flights and fares to Prague
Who Is Corinthia Hotels?
The hotel is owned and managed by Corinthia Hotels. Based in Malta, Corinthia is family-owned. It is strong in Europe; the glamorous Corinthia Hotel London is a top choice of entertainers and others who seek extreme privacy and style.
• See Luxury Travel's story about Corinthis Hotels, and Corinthia's overall website
Clientele of Corinthia Hotel Prague
The hotel attracts many business travelers. It is located next to the Prague Congress (convention) Center and has outstanding meeting and event rooms such as Bellevue, with mesmerizing 360º vistas of Prague.
But leisure travelers from all over, including many families, also make Corinthia their Prague nest. The hotel's busiest season is late spring and summer, when Prague's famous festivals draw fun-seekers. Some visit the hotel's Kings Casino.
Location of Corinthia Hotel Prague
The hotel is very well situated in the Vysehrad section of Prague.
A ten-minute walk brings you to:
• Vysehrad Castle, dating from the 10th century
• The leafy National Cemetery, the final resting place of Czech notables like Art Nouveau painter Alfonse Mucha, composers Antonin Dvorak (who also lived and taught in the US) and Bedrich Smetana, whose composition was adapted to become Israel’s national anthem, Ha Tikvah
• The neo-Gothic Church of St.
Peter and St. Paul
It's Easy to Get to Places from Corinthia Hotel Prague
Two Metro stops away (or a 20-minute stroll) is Wenceslas Square, Prague's historic central square, alive with cafés, museums, and shops. Three Metro stops away is the Art Nouveau Jubilee Synagogue.
Let me add: I enjoyed taking Prague’s modern Metro underground system. It's one of the best mass-transits around: fast, air-conditioned, well marked, and graffiti-free.
Corinthia Hotel Prague Rooms and Suites
Built in 1988, Corinthia Hotel Prague is a modern, uncluttered hotel. It is large, with 539 rooms, all non-smoking.
The hotel's expansive lobby is soothingly furnished in soft earth tones with touches of gold and burgundy. Numerous large couches (and free wifi) invite guests to lounge.
All guest rooms and suites are comfortable and well configured, with modest wood furniture and earth-toned carpets. Rooms are not opulent or flashy; I found them sleek and soothing. All rooms feature:
• A view of Prague
• Free wifi
• Minibar, coffeemaker, safe
• High-end ESPA bath products
• Complimentary bottled water (in Executive rooms and Suites)
• On the downside, rooms lack iPod docks or other music player
The hotel's better accommodations are Executive Rooms, Business Rooms, and suites.
I recommend staying in Executive Level (or higher) rooms. Here's why...
Corinthia Hotel Prague's Club Floor
The Executive Lounge is the hotel's club floor, open to guests in Executive and higher rooms.
• The Executive Lounge is graciously designed with lounging area, numerous semi-private nooks, and a business center
• The Lounge serves an abundance of enticing snacks, coffee/tea, soft drinks, and an evening happy hour, all complimentary
• Breakfast is a Lounge highlight. Luxurious buffet choices include smoked salmon, patés, and cheeses. A health corner offers fruit, yogurt, and whole-grain cereals. Or you can order a custom omelet
• See why a club-floor upgrade may be worth it to you
Corinthia Hotel Prague's Dining and Drinking
Corinthia Hotel Prague offers guests several eating and drinking venues.
Let's Eat is the hotel's scenic breakfast venue.
• It's a large restaurant, decorated with contemporary Bohemian glass, a time-honored art. Café-style newspaper racks offer foreign newspapers to borrow
• Walls of windows provide striking views of Prague
• You can have breakfast outside on the terrace (and smoke there, too)
• Breakfast covers the world with selections like Korean green tea soup and Israeli tomato-and-cucumber salad
Rickshaw, the hotel's popular and award-winning eatery, is overseen by a Thai chef who cooks up Pan-Asian cuisine.
• It is atmospheric, with Japanese lanterns and soothing Asian music
The Grill is a modern, informal, round room with ample seating and a light rock soundtrack that will not be to everyone's taste.
• Menu highlights: outstanding Aberdeen Angus beef from Scotland, Italian and Mediterranean options, and an interesting salad bar
More Dining Options at Corinthia Hotel Prague
• Blue Note Bar, with café dishes and a full liquor menu
• Room service is 24-hour
Fitness at Corinthia Hotel Prague
Active guests will feel well looked after at this hotel.
A modern gym offers a range of fitness equipment plus yoga and exercise classes.
A Wondrous Pool at Corinthia Hotel Prague
The hotel's luxurious swimming pool is 46 feet long, allowing for lap swimming.
• The pool is set on the 26th floor penthouse, with glass walls that showcase the Prague vista
• The pool is open day and night; after-dark swims are downright romantic
Apollo Spa and Salon at Corinthia Hotel Prague
The in-house Apollo Day Spa finesses facials, massages, body treatments, and reflexology.
• Specialty treatments include detoxifying Honey Therapy, a central European passion
• Guests in Business and Executive rooms and Suites have free access to the spa's bath circuit
• The hotel's beauty parlor handles hair services, makeup, manicure-pedicures.
Service at Corinthia Hotel Prague
Hotel personnel try to treat every guest as a VIP. Including the little ones, but excluding the furry ones; this is not a pet-friendly hotel.
Corinthia Hotel Prague Is Very Family-Friendly
• Kid-friendly Corinthia gives youngsters a box of toys for their stay
• Hotel restaurants offer children’s menus
• Let's Eat Restaurant's “Brunch in the Sky” features a children’s corner with a chaperone
Connect with Corinthia Hotel Prague
• Hotel website
• Reservations by email
• Queries by email
• Corinthia Hotel Prague photos on Pinterest
• About's Eastern European expert's guide to Prague
• Luxury Travel's guide to Prague's Jewish Heritage
• Corinthia Hotel Prague
Prague 4, 140 69
As is common in the travel industry, the Guest Author was provided with a complimentary visit for the purpose of describing the hotel. For more info, see our site's Ethics Policy.