01 of 08
Corinthia Hotel London, Where the Beautiful People Stay in London
Here's the Best Reason to Stay at Corinthia Hotel London!
There's no shortage of luxury hotels in London. Corinthia Hotel London is one of the best.
• It is a true five-star luxury hotel, where every aspect is superlative: design, rooms, food and beverage, service, location, and views
• Corinthia Hotel London has the buzzy, important feeling you get from a grand hotel
• It is glamorous enough to appeal to today's most celebrated entertainers..
Name Me Some Names!
Among the famous guests of Corinthia Hotel London: Beyoncé and Jay-Z, George Clooney, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and Kanye West.
Next: Why those celebs chooseCorinthia Hotel LondonContinue to 2 of 8 below.
02 of 08
Why Celebrities Love Corinthia Hotel London
What Exactly Makes the Corinthia Hotel London So Glamorous?
Corinthia Hotel London is firmly on the jet-set A-list as the place to stay in London.
Why Celebrities Choose Corinthia Hotel London over the Competition
• The hotel's ultra-sophisticated design appeals to the most successful individuals
• Its discreet location is off the beaten track, and off the paparazzi map
• Seven penthouse suites are simply over-the-top; they are huge, (1,000 to 5,000 square feet), with distinctive looks and personalities
• The hotel's seamless blend of modern luxury and Victorian elegance appeals to guests with a taste for elegance and the need for cutting-edge conveniences
• Dining and drinking options are excellent, private dining is easy to arrange, and room service is 24-hour
• The hotel's ESPA Life at Corinthia is drop-dead gorgeous, with first-rate treatments and sybaritic baths
True Luxury Hotel Service at Corinthia Hotel London
Service is here is ultra-refined, professional, and multilingual: five-star luxury-hotel service
• Guest amenities include same-day dry-cleaning, pressing, and overnight shoeshine
Here's an example of the way guest are treated: there are no check-in or checkout times at the hotel: arrive when you get to town and eave any time on departure day
The Style of Corinthia Hotel London
Everything about Corinthia Hotel London oozes glamour:
• The spectacular lobby, set under a soaring dome
• The Lobby Lounge, illuminated by an art chandelier called Full Moon, glittering with 1,001 Baccarat crystal baubles
• The chandelier, called Full Moon, was designed by Chafik Gasmi, from Corinthia's home country of Malta
• The hotel's magnificent ESPA Life Spa, made for pampering
• In-house hair and makeup services, in the salon or in your suite, by A-list stylist Daniel Galvin
Everyone -- Guests and Critics Too -- Like Corinthia Hotel London
This celeb-favored hotel wins constant awards, and not just fro
Next: Corinthia Hotel London's fine pedigree & fabulous styleContinue to 3 of 8 below.
03 of 08
Corinthia Hotel London's Pedigree
Corinthia Hotel London Has a Past
Corinthia Hotel London is a beautiful restoration of an opulent building from the Victoria era of the late 1800s.
• It was originally Hotel Metropole, and later the Ministry of Defence
• The hotel was reopened as Corinthia Hotel London in 2011 after a three-year renovation
Who Are Corinthia Hotels?
Today, the hotel is the flagship of Corinthia Hotels. This hotel brand is owned and managed by CHI Hotels and Resorts, based on the Mediterranean island of Malta.
• Here on Luxury Travel about the Corinthia Hotels brand
Next: Corinthia Hotel London's dead-center locationContinue to 4 of 8 below.
04 of 08
Location of Corinthia Hotel London
London Attractions Close to Corinthia Hotel London
Corinthia Hotel London is set closer to the River Thames than most London hotels. It is within a ten-minute walk to these London attractions:
• The giant wheel, London Eye (and the glorious city views it furnishes)
• The National Gallery
• The South Bank
• Trafalgar Square
Corinthia Hotel London is under a half-hour stroll to these London attractions:
• The British Museum
• The Tate Gallery and The Tate Modern
• London Bridge
Instant Access to the London Tube and Bus and Train Stations
Corinthia Hotel London is brilliantly situated for London transit.
• The hotel is directly adjacent to the Embankment tube station, a London Transport hub
• For guests who feel that London taxis and double-decker buses are part of the visitor experience, Trafalgar Square is a momentary walk away
Next: See how Corinthia Hotel London's guest suites go beyondContinue to 5 of 8 below.
05 of 08
Corinthia Hotel London's Guest Rooms and Suites
Corinthia Hotel London Rooms Are Among London's Biggest
Corinthia Hotel London's 294 guest rooms include 43 enormous suites. Standard rooms, which average almost 500 square feet, are among London's largest.
Rooms are modern and deluxe, featuring comfortable, sensible layouts, cutting-edge technology, and ultra-elegant furnishings.
Best-in-Town Suites at Corinthia Hotel London
Corinthia Hotel London's 43 suites are all two-story duplexes that are richly furnished and tastefully decorated.
The hotel's peak suite is the vast Royal Penthouse Suite, like a mansion in the sky.
• Its room-sized terrace flaunts a 180º rooftop panorama of central London and the Thames
All suites feature:
• Duplex layout
• 24-hour butler service
• Italian marble bathroom with deep soaking tub and tropical rainfall shower
• High-end bar
• Enormous walk-in closet
• Tech toys and complimentary wifi
Room Amenities at Corinthia Hotel London
My Deluxe Junior Suite offered nearly 700 square feet of living space.
It featured a dedicated sitting area with a chaise lounge
• A Super King bed
• A huge walk-in closet
• The large bathroom had a walk-in rainfall shower
• The iPod/iPhone dock and free wifi felt like home
Sorry, Leave Your Pooch Home with the Butler
Corinthia Hotel London lacks a pet-friendly hotel policy.
Next: Would you like Corinthia Hotel London's swanky restaurantsContinue to 6 of 8 below.
06 of 08
Corinthia Hotel London's Chic, Contemporary Dining
Delicious Dining at Corinthia Hotel London
Guests at Corinthia Hotel London have their choice of numerous eating and drinking spots. All have high standards of food, drink, style, and service.
• See all the restaurants and their menus
The Northall is a handsome vintage space whose specialty is British cuisine
• Acclaimed chef Garry Hollihead's kitchen showcases local products such as Cumbrian short-horn cattle, Goosnaugh chicken, and Trealy Farm charcuterie
• The Northall's wine list presents little-known but worthwhile organic and biodynamic wines
• The Northall's Sunday jazz brunch is deservedly popular
• The Northall Bar is a destination for proudly Engish drinks (often with gun or Scotch)
Massimo Restaurant & Oyster Bar serves both Italian cuisine and raw-bar seafood.
• Its elegantly festive room looks like it could host a Venetian masquerade ball
• Patrons can dine lightly yet luxuriously on a variety of oysters shucked to order
• Some of Massimo's Italian specialties: crudo (Italian sashimi) and fresh fish simply grilled, Mediterranean style
• Massimo's Continental wines are superb
The beautiful Lobby Lounge is the hotel's social hub. Here, guests and Londoners meet and greet, in classic grand hotel fashion.
• The Lobby Lounge serves cocktails, coffee, snacks, and a sumptuous afternoon tea
• Tea service includes all the traditional savouries and sweets, such as Eccles cakes and dainty Bakewell tarts
Bassoon is the hotel's handsome, musically inspired bar.
• It serves boutique spirits, molecular cocktails, and historically inspired drinks
The Courtyard serves libations in a pleasant al fresco setting.
Room service at Corinthia Hotel London is 24 hours and impeccable.
Next: the must-see ESPA Life Spa at Corinthia Hotel LondonContinue to 7 of 8 below.
07 of 08
Luxury Icon: ESPA Life Spa & Fitness at Corinthia Hotel London
ESPA Life Spa Corinthia: a World-Class Spa & Gym, Right in the Hotel
The hotel's spa and fitness center, ESPA Life at Corinthia, is one of the most spectacular health and fitness centers a luxury traveler will find anywhere.
ESPA Life at Corinthia Wins the "Best of" Awards
The hotel is a perennial winner of prestigious travel awards. Among them:
• "Best UK Hotel Spa" in 2014 by Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards
• “Best European Spa” from The Sunday Times Magazine
• ESPA Life at Corinthia's web page, with spa menus and offers
• Read about Luxury Travel writer Joseph Reaney's •afternoon at ESPA Life Spa
What You Can Expect at ESPA Life at Corinthia
In this elegant oasis, you'll find:
• State-of-the-art treatments are performed in sleek, lovely treatment rooms
• An extensive thermal floor provides a sauna, cold room, steam room, and heated marble lounges with a wall of flame and chaises called "Cleopatra beds"
• ESPA's pool is large enough for lap-swimming
• A state-of-the-art gym features the latest LifeFitness cardio and weight machines
• The Spa lounge offers nutritious, tasty cuisine
Next: how to connect with Corinthia Hotel LondonContinue to 8 of 8 below.
08 of 08
Connect with Corinthia Hotel London & Start Planning a Visit
How to Connect with Corinthia Hotel London& Start Planning a Visit
Corinthia Hotel London
As is common in the travel industry, the Guest Author was provided with a complimentary visit for the purpose of describing the hotel. For details, see our site's Ethics Policy.