01 of 09
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon: A Modern Luxury Hotel
Reasons to Choose Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
The five-star Corinthia Hotel Lisbon is one of Lisbon's most enduringly popular luxury hotels. And it's not difficult to see why:
•This is a no-question five-star hotel, with the handsome rooms and the refined, English-speaking hotel service that luxury travelers expect
• It's a modern high-rise hotel that provides a respite from Lisbon's antique atmosphere
• It is run by a family-owned, Malta-based hotel company, Corinthia Hotels, that is dedicated to excellence
• The hotel's imposing 27-story height delivers stunning views of beautiful Lisbon
• Guests can enjoy two restaurants, plus a club-level lounge, and one of Europe's best city spas
• The property was recently awarded “Europe's Leading Green Hotel” and “Portugal's Leading Conference Hotel” at the 2015 World Travel Awards
A Great Hotel Location for Lisbon and Beyond
The Corinthia Lisbon is situated in the Sete Rios neighborhood of Lisbon, and is not within the bustling city center. But in my opinion there's nowhere better to base yourself for a short stay in the Portuguese capital.
The hotel is near everything you'll be doing:
• It's only a 10-minute ride from the international airport
• And a quick subway ride from the historic district of Alfama and the nightlife hub of Bairro Alto (attraction-packed Belém is reachable via subway and then bus or tram)
• Great news: Corinthia Lisbon is set by a main train station, so it's easy to hop aboard foward popular day-trip destinations
• My day-trip choice: medieval Sintra, known for its stunning palace, castle, and university; hire a scooter (we used Magik Green) and motor out to the coast for amazing sights from Europe's westernmost point
Next: Will you, personally, like Corinthia Hotel Lisbon?Continue to 2 of 9 below.
02 of 09
Will You Like Corinthia Hotel Lisbon?
Will Corinthia Lisbon Be the Right Hotel for Your Visit to Portugal's Capital?
You will probably be pleased with Corinthia Hotel Lisbon if:
• You seek the reliability of a trusted hotel brand
• You want to stay in a no-question luxury hotel
• You expect five-star hospitality service from hotel staffers
• You like modern hotels for their sparkle and tech comforts
• You want to be within easy reach of the airport
• You want a hotel with easy access to day-trip destinations
• You like having good restaurants and bars just an elevator ride away
• You love an in-house spa and/or a good hotel gym
• You always upgrade to the hotel's executive-level club floor; there's a good one here
• You were hoping for a room with a scenic view of Lisbon
• You're traveling with kids and will appreciate the hotel kids' pool, babysitting services, and location opposite Lisbon's zoo
You may not fall in love with Corinthia Hotel Lisbon if:
• You wanted to stay in the bustling city center of Lisbon
• You prefer ornately decorated vintage hotels to sleek contemporary hotels
• You'd rather stay in an intimate-feeling boutique hotel than a large hotel
• You're into the trend of spa-like bathrooms; this hotel's are more conventional
Next: the view-tiful rooms and suites at Corinthia LisbonContinue to 3 of 9 below.
03 of 09
Rooms and Suites at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Guest Accommodations at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon is a large, modern hotel. It offers 518 guest rooms and suites spread over 27 floors.
Smartest Room Choice in Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
I stayed in an open-plan Executive Junior Suite on the 24th floor. I recommend staying in a high-floor room with executive lounge access -- for the views and the cushy VIP perks.
• The suite was open-plan, airy, and spacious
• Art Nouveau lamps provided decorative flair
• The bed was king-size and the TV large-screen
• Floor-to-ceiling windows captured amazing vistas
• WiFi was free
• We took frequent advantage of the executive lounge access included with the room (details on following slide)
We were a little surprised that:
• The suite was modestly decorated: more practical than palatial
• The suite's bathroom was simpler and more down-to-earth than in many modern luxury hotels
Best Accommodations at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon: Presidential Suite
The best room in the house, as at many hotels, is the Presidential Suite. And this hotel's Presidential Suite is said to be the fanciest suite in Lisbon
• It rambles over nearly 1700 square feet, the size of a three-bedroom city apartment
• The suite features a large master bedroom with a king-size bed, second bedroom, spacious living and dining room, fully-equipped kitchen, library, and two bathrooms
Next: the perks of the hotel's club-floor Executive Sky LoungeContinue to 4 of 9 below.
04 of 09
Executive Sky Lounge at Corinthis Hotel Lisbon
Perks Galore at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon's Executive Sky Lounge
A total of 76 Executive Rooms on the top floors include access to the Executive Club Sky Lounge. This is an area on the 24th floor that serves fine food and drink all day amidst breathtaking panoramic views over Lisbon.
Sky Lounge Perks for Executive-Level Guests
• Complimentary WiFi
• Free international newspapers
• Extensive business facilities such as computers and meeting rooms
• Enhanced concierge services
• And ongoign eats and drinks...
Food and Beverage Served in the Sky Lounge
• Food service begins early with hot breakfast selections
• Then a cold buffet all day
• Free-flowing Champagne and Portuguese wines, beer, sodas, and Nespresso coffee
• My favorite bites in the Sky Lounge? Octopus tapas, divine chocolate truffles, and the brilliant cheese selection, with Portuguese varieties you rarely see outside the country
Next: dining at Corinthia Hotel LisbonContinue to 5 of 9 below.
05 of 09
Restaurants at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Fine Dining at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon, from Buffets to Tapas Bites
Corinthia Hotel Lisbon offers a number of pleasing dining options for guests who like to dine at their hotel.
• The two restaurants, Sete Colinas and Típico, are set on the lobby level
• Hotel room service is 24/7
• Check out Corinthia Lisbon's dining page
Boffo Breakfast at Sete Colinas Restaurant
The breakfast buffet at Sete Colinas is temptingly varied.
• You can choose typical cold Continental fare such as cereal, yogurt, cheeses, ham, bread, pastries, fresh fruit, and more
• And you can also sample hot dishes such as omelets, waffles, bacon, sausage, and more
• You'll find Portuguese bites like the pastéis de nata, egg-custard pastries
• Depending on your room-rate deal, breakfast may or may not be included
Lunch Munches at Típico Restaurant
Típico serves lunch and dinner.
• The wide range of lunch sections covers Portuguese tapas, a salad bar, and live "show cooking" in the semi-open kitchen
Dinner is a la carte.
• I wholeheartedly recommend starting with pan-fried foie gras marinated in white Port...
• ...followed by either the ginger-flavored salted codfish with vegetables or the grilled medallions of veal in Madeira wine sauce alongside truffled scrambled eggs and potato
• For dessert, try the dark chocolate pot de creme with olive oil and sea salt along with Burmester tawny Port
• Típico's wine list is extensive, but for real local flavor order a Portuguese vinho verde ("green" wine, which is white)
Next: drinking at Corinthia Hotel LisbonContinue to 6 of 9 below.
06 of 09
Bars at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Enjoy a Drink at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
"F&B" -- food and beverage, in hotel parlance -- is taken seriously at Corinthia Lisbon. This is a fantastic place to kick back with a drink in your hand.
Tempus Lounge in Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
The chic Tempus Lounge, open until 1 A.M. every night, is perfect for a light aperitif, after-dinner cocktail, or for sipping a quiet whiskey.
• It also offers a menu of tempting light meals, including sandwiches, soups, salads, and other snacks
• Tempus is a soothing place to marvel over your day in Lisbon, with a classical pianist playing, and occasional concerts
Terrace Lounge in Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
On sunny days and warm evenings, guests head out to the Terrace Lounge for al fresco drinks and snacks.
• This outdoor patio is an equally lovely setting for morning coffee or a cocktail under the stars
Lobby Lounge Bar in Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Guests also enjoy the easy-to-find lobby bar for a relaxing drink with friends or an informal meeting.
Next: the excellent fitness options at Corinthia Hotel LisbonContinue to 7 of 9 below.
07 of 09
Outstanding Fitness Options at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
It's Easy to Stay in Shape at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
When it comes to working out, the Corinthia Lisbon more than delivers.
Gym at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
The hotel is home to a large gym packed with state-of-the-art equipment.
• You can work out a number of ways: on cardio treadmills, stair-steppers, bikes; circuit-training machines; a Kinesis training system; Powerplate; TRX; free weights
• Fancy pushing yourself harder? You can hire a personal trainer to help you stay on course
Pool at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
There's also a pleasant indoor swimming pool, perfect for doing a few laps or splashing with the kids.
• The pool is chlorine-free, with no irritating, nasty chemicals
• Swimmers must wear a bathing cap. You can bring your own or buy one at gym reception for 5 euros
• You can see a pool photo three slides back
Next: Holmes Place Spa at Corinthia Hotel LisbonContinue to 8 of 9 below.
08 of 09
Spa at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Kicking Back at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon's Holmes Place Spa
After all your hard work exploring Lisbon, it feels good to indulge yourself in the beautiful Holmes Place Spa.
Spa Services at Holmes Place Spa
Holmes Place Spa offers varied wellness treatments for face and body.
• Several treatment rooms include couples' suites with private baths and saunas
• Spa services are modern and global
• Some examples: aromatherapy facials, Reiki balancing massage, volcanic-mineral body scrub, healing reflexology
• I enjoyed my "World of Travel" massage, which uses scents and oils from all across the globe, relaxing the body while entertaining the mind
"Acqua Area" Bath Circuit at Holmes Place Spa
The spa's star element is an inviting bath circuit based on ancient hot-and-cold bathing rituals.
• The multi-phase circuit covers a warm hydrotherapy pool with jets and spouts; cold plunge pool; brisk ice fountain; Jacuzzi; sauna; steam bath; cooling walk; bucket showers and massage-jet "sensory showers"
• The bath is complimentary with a spa service, and available for a fee on its own
• A swim cap is required, and can be bought at spa reception
Next: Find out more abut at Corinthia Hotel LisbonContinue to 9 of 9 below.
09 of 09
Find Out More About Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Find Out More About Corinthia Hotel Lisbon
Disclosure: The hotel provided complimentary access for review purposes, a standard practice in the hospitality field. For more information, please see our site's Ethics Policy.