01 of 05
Coney Island Directions
Wondering how to get to Coney Island? Located in the southernmost part of Brooklyn, you can take the D, Q, N or F train to Stillwell Avenue (the final stop on all those subway lines). The subway is across the street from the flagship Nathan's Hot Dog stand and just one block from the Coney Island Boardwalk.
If you are driving to Coney Island, you should use 1208 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY as the address in Google Maps or your GPS. There is street parking (much of it with meters) and parking lots are also available.
02 of 05
Coney Island Season and Hours
Like most beach communities, Coney Island is in full operation from Memorial Day to Labor Day. During that time, there are lifeguards on duty at the beach, and rides and attractions are open daily starting around noon. From Easter until Memorial Day, most of Coney Island's rides and attractions are open on weekends only. The Boardwalk, New York Aquarium and Nathan's Hot Dogs are open daily year-round.
03 of 05
This Google Map of Coney Island highlights many of the attractions and landmarks on Coney Island including Nathan's, Deno's Wonderwheel, and the Cyclone Roller Coaster.
04 of 05
Coney Island Events
Although the area is at its busiest during the summer months, it's an interesting place to visit during the off-season as well.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
Things To Do at Coney Island
- Take a swim in the Atlantic Ocean - lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day until Labor Day from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Swimming is prohibited when life guards are not on duty.
- Walk the Coney Island Boardwalk - This wooden boardwalk sustained a lot of damage during Hurricane Sandy, but it's been repaired and is lined with amusement park rides, vendors, shops and eateries.
- Visit the New York Aquarium - they have an interesting collection of marine animals and a fun sea lion show
- Have a Hot Dog at Nathan's - the original Nathan's location is fun to visit and the hot dogs are delicious
- Ride the Wonder Wheel or the Cyclone - the Cyclone was built in 1927 and is considered a classic amusement park ride. The Wonder Wheel is a 150 ft tall Ferris wheel offering excellent views.
- See The Brooklyn Cyclones - The Mets minor league baseball team plays at MCU Park which is located just off the Boardwalk in Coney Island.