Club Med Sandpiper Bay in Port St. Lucie, Florida, is more than just a golf resort, it's also a bit of an anomaly in the U.S., it’s an all-inclusive resort, which means you pay for your stay and that, theoretically, means you have nothing else to pay for: no meals, no attractions, and no amenities, including the Club Med Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy, International Tennis Academy, all water sports – including diving – horseback riding, the Spa and a whole lot more. Ok, so it’s not a beach front resort; it’s actually located on the St.
Lucie River. If the beach is an important part of your decision, the beaches of the Treasure Coast are a short 20-minute drive away. For us golfers with families, however, there are two huge advantages in choosing Club Med Sandpiper Bay for our stay: the endless family oriented amenities and facilities, and the Sandpiper Golf Academy, along with a half-dozen or more enticing golf courses nearby.
Sandpiper Bay is more than just a family resort; it's a multi-sport center. You can tune up your game, whatever it might be, at the Club Med Tennis Academy, Club Med Golf Academy, Club Med Beach Volleyball Academy, Club Med Fitness Academy and Club Med Triathlon Academy. Wow, all of that here in the U.S? Incredible. But there's more. No way! Yes, way. There's also a world-class luxury spa. Spend the afternoon relaxing and rejuvenating at the Club Med Spa by L’Occitane.
Sandpiper Bay is the only all-inclusive Club Med family resort in the U.S.. It's "a flagship, premium sports, resort" featuring luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and exciting excursions for golfers, individuals, couples and families alike!
You want more? Okay, you can have more: visit Sandpiper Bay In July and August 2016, and you can try out waterskiing at no extra cost. Awesome!
Why Club Med Sandpiper Bay?
- The only family all-inclusive destination in Florida
- Water Sports, Horseback Riding, and many more activities
- Two gourmet dining options
- Three swimming pools and a splash park for children
- Tennis Academy
- Golf Academy – Need a golf tune-up? This is the place, and I quote: “Join top pros Brad Brewer and Don Law on the driving range, putting greens and at the short-game practice facility. The Academy’s teaching staff is comprised of PGA and LPGA pro golfers who have played college golf, professional tour events and have been recognized by the PGA with numerous awards. Book a weekend golf getaway or stay for a golfing vacation.”
- A new Spa featuring the latest treatments designed to renew the senses
- Children’s programs for ages 4 months to 17 years at Baby Club Med and Petit Club Med: Ladies & Gentlemen, if you have babies or toddlers, Club Med Sandpiper Bay is a no-brainer. This alone is worth the consideration.
Nearby Golf Courses You Can Play
Contact: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, 4500 S.E Pine Valley Street, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952. Phone: 777-398-5100
How to Get There:
The closest regional airport is West Palm Beach International Airport (45 minutes from the resort). The airport is served by almost all domestic airlines, including American, Delta, Continental, US Air, and United, along with several other regional airlines.
Golf in Orlando
Port St. Lucie is not that far from the great city of Orlando, and that opens a huge range of opportunities for us golfers visiting Club Med. There are more golf courses and resorts in and around Orlando than anywhere else in Florida. During the past 40 years, or so, the area and the sport has exploded. Today, there are more than 50 fine golf courses within 20 miles of the city center. To support these golf courses, there are a dozen or more grand resorts, some of them world class in every sense of the words; Grand resorts, such as the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes and the home of the Mouse himself where you'll four amazing, championship golf courses to play: Walt Disney World Resort.
All-in-all, we really do find ourselves spoiled for choice when considering a golf outing to Orlando. Here are more than 25 listings and in-depth reviews of some of the best Golf Courses and Resorts in Orlando.