The Tri-C JazzFest, held in Cleveland each spring, honors the work of jazz legends as well as showcases the work of a broad spectrum of jazz artists. In addition to performances, the ten-day event features jazz workshops, clinics, and educational programs. The 2015 dates are July 9-11.
The Tri-C JazzFest, founded in 1980, has grown to be recognized both nationally and internationally as a premiere educational jazz festival, attracting name performers and music fans from around the world.
Schedule of Events:
The Annual Tri-C JazzFest Cleveland runs from July 9-11, 2015. The schedule of events includes:
- July 9 - 730pm - Dominick Farinacci/Clayton Hamilton Jazz Orchestra -- Hanna Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 10 - 530pm - Centennial Tribute to Robert Lockwood, Jr -- Palace Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 10 - 7pm - Smooth Jazz Double Bill -- State Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 10 - 945pm - Creole Joe Band with CJ Chenier, Nick Sample and other guests from New Orleans -- Ohio Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 11 - 1pm - Big Band Party on Planet Q -- Ohio Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 11 - 230pm -- Cyrille Aimee and Wycliffe Gordon -- Ohio Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 11 - 5pm -- Warren Wolf Quartet -- Hanna Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 11 - 730pm - Pete Escovedo and Shelia E -- Palace Theatre at Playhouse Square
- July 11 - 930pm - Etienne Charles and Joey DeFrancesco -- Palace Theatre at Playhouse Square
There will also be 18 free outdoor concerts at US Bank Plaza at Playhouse Square. Visit the Jazz Fest website for the complete schedule.
Tri-C JazzFest tickets are available to individual events on in packages for a savings of up to 15 percent. Call 216 987-4400 to order packages or 216 241-6000 to order individual tickets.
Cuyahoga Community College
700 Carnegie Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114
About Cuyahoga Community College:
Cuyahoga Community College is the oldest and largest community college in the state of Ohio. Founded in 1963, the college has three main campuses: the Metropolitan Campus in downtown Cleveland, the western campus in Parma and the eastern campus in Highland Hills. In addition, Tri-C operates the Hospitality Management Center at Public Square.
The school, one of the more affordable in Ohio, offers 140 career and tech programs as well as corporate, GED and continuing education courses. In 2014, Tri-C served more than 55,000 students.
(Last updated 2-24-15)