The Cleveland area offers a huge variety of interesting, educational, and fun summer camps for kids. Learn more about what's available in this list of 2014 Cleveland summer camps.
- Baycrafters Summer Art Camp - Bay Village; girls, ages 4-teen; two-day camps June 23-26 and July 14-17; call 440 871-6543 for more information
- Chess Camp; Hawken School, Lyndhurst; Coed, ages 5-11; June 9-13 and August 4-8; for more information, call 888 65-CHESS
Science and Computer Camps:
- Women in Engineering Summer Camp - University of Dayton, Dayton; residential week-long program; Girls ages 15 - 18; call 937-229-3296 or visit their website for more information.
- Great Summer Science - Great Lakes Science Center - Grades K - 8; 74 different camps at 10 locations. call 216 621-2400 for more information.
- Camp Invention - a week long summer day camp that provides enrichment in science, math, history, and the arts. Locations all over greater Cleveland. For more information, call 800 968-4332 or visit www.campinvention.org.
- YMCA Camp Fitch, North Springfield PA on the shores of Lake Erie; various dates; boys and girls ages 8-17; for more information, call 888 809-CAMP or visit their website.
Church Camps and Bible School Camps:
- Camp Aldersgate - Carrollton; coed, grades 1-12; day and resident camp; call 330 627-4369 or visit their website for more information
- Camp Asbury - Hiram; Coed, ages first grade - adult; day and resident; call 330 569-3171 for more information
- Bethany Christian School, 6195 Broadview Rd., Parma - Summer camp for kids K-6th grade
For more information, call 216 661-6600
- Summer Dance Camp - Independence; Ages 4-9; day camp; various programs from June 19 to August 18; call 216 901-1914 for more information.
- Cleveland City Dance - South Euclid; day camp; coed ages 3-19; modern, ballet, pointe, dance history, and choreography; call 216 932-0222 for more information.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Summer Day Camp - full and half day camps for kids ages 5-12
For more information, call 216 635-3391 or visit www.clemetzoo.com
- Deer Valley Camp, Huntsburg, OH (38 miles east of Cleveland - summer day camp for boys and girls ages 3-16
For more information, call 440 636-5905
- Hawken Day Camps - Hawken School, Gates Mills; for boys and girls of all ages; June 19 - July 28; call 440 423-2940 for more information
- Gilmour Day Camps - Gates Mills; June 19 to July 28; Preschool camp for ages 3 to 9; full day camp for grades kindergarten to sixth; call 440 684-4574 for information.
- Shaker Lakes Nature Center - for ages 21/2 to 12; half days or full days with extended care available; 8 weeks from mid-June through August; Nature Center at Shaker Lakes, 2600 South Park Blvd.; call 216 321-5935 for information.
- Hershey Montessori School Summer Day Camp - Concord Township; ages 6-13; four-week program; call 440 357-0918
- Middleburg Hts Day Camp - July 7, 14, 21, 28; boys and girls ages 8-12; 9am - 5pm with extended hours of 8am - 6pm available; open to residents and non-residents.
- Summer Theater Institute, Hawken School, Gates Mills; June 19 - July 14; presented by the Great Lakes Theater Festival; for ages 11-18; call 440 423-2125 for more information
- Beck Center for the Arts, Lakewood; a variety of drama and music day camps for ages 4-18. Call 216 521-2540 for details.
- Forrestel Riding Camp in western New York; 1, 2, and 4-week sessions; ages 7-16; co-ed and girls only; visit their website for more information
- Andrews School - Willoughby; resident and day program for girls ages 9-14; call 440 942-3600x252 for more information
- Summer Wind Stables - Chesterland - Beginners thru Advanced; weekly camps throughout the summer ; call 440 729-1849 for details
- Cleveland Browns Camp - June 16-20 and June 23-27 - two programs: Browns Flag Camp (boys and girls ages 8-12) and Browns Equipment Camp (boys and girls age 11-14; equipment provided) - Cleveland Browns Training Facility, Berea - 830am - 120pm; call 216 928-7300 for more information.
- Laurel School - Grades 5 -6 and 7-8; one week camp; for more information, call 216 464-1441X218 or visit their website.
- US Golf Camps - Junior Golf Camp located 150 miles from Cleveland; features PGA/LPGA instructors and a private golf course as well as swimming, hiking, tennis, volleyball, and more
Call 888 USGOLF5 for more information or visit www.usgolfcamps.com.
Special Needs Camps:
- The "Un-School Camp" - Lakeland Community College; Kirtland; for kids with ADD, ADHD, LD, Asperger's, Dyslexia; Coed ages 6-14; June 19 - July 28; call 440 247-1622 for more information
- ADHD Summer Treatment Program - Children's Hospital, Cleveland Clinic - June 26 - August 11 - at John Carroll Univ. - for ages 6-14; call 216 444-0075 for more information.
- Rising Star Summer Camp - for children with motor developmental delay or life-long motor disabilities; for ages 6mos to 6 years; July 5 - August 4; call 440 349-4334 for more information.
More Camps on Page Two:
(Last updated 2-5-14)
- Camp Fitch YMCA camp; ages 6-16; 90 minutes from Cleveland in northern PA; call 330 744-8411 or visit their website for more information.
- Country School Farm, - Holmes County; coed, ages 6-13; designed to give city kids a feel for country life; Coed; 330 231-2963 for more information.
- YMCA Camp Onyahsa; small, traditional co-ed summer camp for ages 7-15; Lake Chautauqua NY; call 800 536-6115 or visit www.onyahsa.org for information
- The Soccer Institute, 17445 Huntley Rd, Huntsburg, OH - day and resident camps for boys and girls ages 3-16; beginners thru elite levels
For more information, call 440 636-5905 or visit their website.
- Saint Joseph Academy Camp Explosion; Grades 5-8; June 26 - 30; for more information, call Abby Krugman at 216 251-4868x254
- Cleveland State University Tennis Camp - July 9-14 - day and overnight day options; including three on-court sessions per day with CSU head tennis coach Brian Etzkin.
For more information, call 216 687-4811.
- Nike Tennis Camps; Denison Univ and Miami Univ of Ohio; call 800-NIKE CAMP or visit their website for more information.
(Last updated 1-17-08)