The Cleveland I-X Center, created in 1985 from a former air defense hangar, is one of the largest convention centers in the world. The center sits on 188 acres adjacent to Cleveland Hopkins airport and offers one million square feet of contiguous exhibition space.
It is best known to Clevelanders as the site of popular annual shows, including the Fabulous Food Show and the Greater Cleveland Auto Show.
More than two million visitors attend events at the I-X Center each year.
The Exhibit Space
The Cleveland I-X Center offers a variety of exhibit and conference spaces. Among them are:
- The 800,000-square foot main hall
- The newly-renovated conference center with 26 meeting rooms.
- The 16,000 square foot ballroom that can seat 800 banquet style and 1,000 theater style.
The I-X Center offers the following amenities:
- Secure, lighted parking for 7,000 vehicles
- In-house banquet catering and concession services
- Wide bandwidth, high-speed Internet access throughout the facility
- Comprehensive contractor services, including decorating, material handling, exhibitor services, and utilities.
- Adjacent facilities for private aircraft landing and services.
Other Fun Facts about the I-X Center
- The I-X Center is located one mile from Cleveland Hopkins Airport
- The Center is home to the world's largest (125 feet high) indoor ferris wheel.
- The Center is home to a spectacular outdoor ExpoTron video display - towering 60 feet in the air with dual-sided screens 47' wide by 40' tall.
The I-X Center for Weddings and Catered Events
The I-X Center has a dedicated meeting and banquet sales staff and in-house catering operation to help you plan your event.
Although catered functions may be held in any of the center's rooms, the ballroom is especially suited for weddings, charity events, proms, and large corporate functions, and seats from 250 to 800 guests.
Visiting the I-X Center
The I-X Center is conveniently located just off of I-71 and I-480, near Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Ample parking is available. A few events include parking in the admission price, but for most events parking is $8 per vehicle.