For visitors traveling with young children and those hesitant to navigate New York City's subway system, CitySights NY Hop-on, Hop-off Tours are a great option. Combining a guided tour of New York City with transportation around the city, CitySights NY Hop-on, Hop-off Tours can be a good choice, especially for first-time visitors.
About CitySights NY Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours
CitySights top deck bus tours offer visitors a great overview of New York City, along with the option to hop-on and hop-off at any of the tour's frequent stops. Knowledgeable tour guides provide commentary throughout the tour, sharing New York City's rich history and amazing architecture as you cruise through Manhattan.
First-time visitors to New York City, as well as families with small children, will appreciate the opportunity to feel oriented in New York City before depending on the extensive New York City Subway system for getting around town.
Attractions Featured on CitySights NY Tours
Essential Information about the CitySights NY Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours
- CitySights NY Downtown & Night Tours leaves from Broadway between 46th/47th Streets
- CitySights NY Uptown & Harlem Tour leaves from 8th Avenue between 49th/50th Streets
- Mass Transit to CitySights NY: 1, C/E to 50th Streets; N/W/R to 49th Street
- CitySights NY Phone: 212-812-2700
- CitySights NY Prices: Adults $44-74, Children (5-11), $39-64, Children under 5 are free (must ride in adult's lap)
- Book your tickets online in advance to make things easier once you arrive for the bus tour.
- CitySights NY Payment: Cash and Major Credit Cards
Helpful Tips for CitySights NY Hop-on, Hop-off Tours
- The All Around Tour offers the best value -- two days of transportation on the Uptown and Downtown loops, the Night tour, as well as a Circle Line Harbor Cruise are included for about $12 more than the price of a single day, single tour ticket.
- There are a few tour guides who aren't as good as the others -- if you get on one of their buses, hop-off and catch the next bus.
- Bring a sweater or jacket along for the ride. Even when the weather is warm, it will be breezy, and if it's chilly, it will be colder on the bus.
- All seating is on the top deck of the bus, offering great views, but ideal photo ops are limited, because the bus is often moving.
- Be aware of the tour schedule -- you can enjoy 15 more minutes inside an attraction rather than waiting for a bus. (Downtown Loop buses run more frequently than the Uptown ones.)
- Watch out for branches -- especially when traveling near Central Park on the Uptown Tour.
- These tours are best experienced on a dry day -- while they offer free ponchos, I recommend choosing a day with better weather for your CitySights NY tour.
- Bus travel will be slowest during rush hours -- 9-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
- Don't forget your sunblock -- the wind can make you feel cool, but you can still get burned.