While Hershey, Pennsylvania, is a wildly popular place to visit year-round, it is an especially fun destination during the Christmas season.
What happens during Christmas in Hershey?
Along with the annual marquee holiday event at Hersheypark there are Christmas shows and festive events at many other local attractions and hotels.
Highlights in 2017 include:
- Hersheypark Christmas Candylane: (Nov. 10, 2017-Jan 1, 2018) The theme park's big annual Christmas event features more than two million twinkling lights and 30 family and kiddie rides, along with Santa and his nine live reindeer.
- Hershey Sweet Lights: (Nov. 10, 2017-Jan. 1, 2018) This holiday drive-through spectacular features nearly 600 illuminated, animated displays on nearly two miles of wooded trails. Families return year after year for this holiday tradition.
- Little Elves Workshop: (Nov. 12, 2017-Jan. 1, 2018) At the Hershey Story Museum, families can journey through the workshop and have fun using chocolate clay to roll out, cut, decorate and package their own unique ornaments.
- Breakfast and Lunch with Santa at Hersheypark: (weekends, Nov. 25, 2017-Dec 23, 2018)
- Live Music Shows: (Nov 10, 2017-Jan 1, 2018) Each year, a selection of live music shows are performed during the Christmas holiday season.