01 of 08
Cleveland Orchestra Christmas Concerts
The Cleveland Orchestra and Orchestra Chorus present a series of holiday concerts each year, featuring all of the old, favorite carols. For 2014, the concerts will be December 12-14 and 18-21 at Severance Hall. Ticket prices vary.
02 of 08
The Cleveland Pops Orchestra, now in its 19th season, brings old standards and new favorites to the holiday season. For 2014, the ensemble is performing on November 30 at the Palace Theater at Playhouse Square and for their annual New Year's Eve concert, December 31th, at Severance Hall.
03 of 08
Apollo's Fire Holiday Concerts
Apollo's Fire, the Cleveland baroque orchestra, is performing their Sacrum Mysterium program as well as Handel's Messiah throughout greater Cleveland this season. The 2014 concerts are as follows:
- December 3, Sacrum Mysterium, Cartwright Hall, Kent State University, 730pm
- December 7, Sacrum Mysterium, Cleveland Masonic Auditorium, 1pm and 4pm
- December 11, Handel's Messiah, Trinity Cathedral in downtown Cleveland, 730pm
- December 12, Handel's Messiah, First Baptist Church in Shaker Hts, 8pm
- December 13, Handel's Messiah, First Baptist Church in Shaker Hts, 8pm
- December 14, Handel's Messiah, St. Mary's of the Falls in Olmsted Falls, 330pm
- December 15, Fairlawn Lutheran Church in Akron, 730pm
04 of 08
North Coast Men's Chorus Holiday Concert
The North Coast Men's Chorus, founded in 1988, is northeast Ohio's largest gay chorus. The 100-member group is performed their annual holiday program, "Baby, It's Cold Outside," at the Hanna Theater in Playhouse Square on the following dates:
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- December 6, 3pm
- December 6, 8pm
- December 7, 3pm
05 of 08
This rock and roll band with a holiday touch has been a Cleveland Christmas tradition for more than a decade. The band, noted for its spectacular light shows and special effects, plays two shows at Quicken Loans Arena this year on December 26 at 3pm and 8pm.
06 of 08
Lunchtime Concerts at the Old ArcadeThe Arcade in downtown Cleveland, located between Euclid and Superior Avenues just off of Public Square, fills with music every weekday lunch hour from early December through Christmas. The dramatic brass and glass Victorian structure is also beautifully arrayed with greenery and red bows during the holiday season. The best part: enjoying the music is free.
07 of 08
CityMusic Cleveland Holiday Concerts
This chamber music ensemble performs a series of free holiday concerts each season. For 2014, the dates are:
- December 3, La Sagrada Familia Church, 7719 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, 730pm
- December 4, Communion of Saints Parish (St. Ann Church),
2175 Coventry Road, Cleveland Heights, 730pm
- December 5, St. Noel Church, Willoughby Hills, 730pm
- December 6, St. Stanislaus Church, Slavic Village (Cleveland), 8pm
- December 7, Lakewood Congregational Church 1375 West Clifton, Lakewood, 430pm
08 of 08
The sounds of the season fill the air all over Northeast Ohio during the holiday season, from Severance Hall to the Old Arcade. Make sure to add one or more of these events to your holiday season to-do list.