If you're visiting Reno for the holidays, you're likely visiting to hit the slot machines or card tables. Fortunately, most restaurants in the casinos are not only open on Christmas day, but they're also cooking up special holiday items. The options range from all-you-can-eat buffets to elegant meals in Reno's best restaurants.
If you're opting out of the traditional home-cooked meal, treat yourself to any one of these tasty options for a Christmas day feast before heading back out to the casino floor.
Christmas Day Dining at Reno and Sparks Casinos and Restaurants
- Eldorado Hotel and Casino: The Eldorado invites you to celebrate the holiday season with a special meal in a warm holiday setting. The Eldorado features holiday menus in several of its restaurants. The Buffet is open and offers a special Christmas day selection, with elevated items such as crab legs, green lip mussels, and a carving station of roasted meats. La Strada specializes in northern Italian cuisine, and the Christmas menu for 2019 includes risotto with burrata and herb-crusted veal. For an elegant Christmas dinner, make a reservation at Roxy which will be serving bison prime rib or bouillabaisse seafood stew. The bar Millies is also open and has a special menu for the day of either turkey, ham, or roast beef. Ruth's Chris Steak House in the casino is also open on Christmas Day from 2 p.m. until 9 p.m.
- Atlantis Hotel Resort Spa: The Atlantis in Reno will be offering Christmas Day dining in several of its restaurants. Your choices range from Toucan Charlie's Buffet, Purple Parrot, Bistro Napa, Manhattan Deli, and the upscale Atlantis Steakhouse. The latter three options are all voted in the top 10 restaurants in all of Reno based on TripAdvisor reviews, so you can be assured that your holiday meal at the Atlantis won't be disappointing.
- The Nugget Casino in Sparks: In nearby Sparks, the Nugget Casino Resort offers a special Christmas Day selection at the Rotisserie Buffet. If you prefer a sitdown meal with waiter service, you can also enjoy a delicious piece of meat at Anthony's Chophouse or a seafood feast at the Oyster Bar, both of which are open and accepting reservations for December 25.
- Bonanza Casino: The Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse serves a special holiday menu on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, which has included decadent items like venison roast or carved pheasant. The restaurant has been voted Best in Nevada every year from 2010 through 2019 by Nevada Magazine, and books up quickly. Make reservations early if you plan to spend your holiday here.
- Naan & Kabab: If you're looking for a delicious meal outside of a casino, this Mediterranean restaurant consistently receives raving reviews for both food and service. Enjoy classic Greek and Middle Eastern dishes, starting with freshly made hummus or baba ganoush as appetizers, and moving on to the house specialties like chicken roasted in turmeric and saffron, lamb gyros, or steak kabab.