For a fraction of the price of its more famous neighbor, Knott's offers a tremendous amount of holiday fun for your money. In addition to festive decorations, which include a 65-foot tree and the park's attractions decked in holiday lights, there are strolling carolers, special shows on all stages, and nightly snowfall. Unlike some of the other parks, which at least give a nod to the diversity of holidays celebrated in December by different cultures and religions, Knott's Merry Farm is all about Christmas.
Knot's Merry Farm opens the weekend before Thanksgiving and stays open through the weekend after New Years, except Christmas Day. Check the Knott's website for park hours, which vary by day.
General admission ticket to the park also includes all of the attractions that are part of Knott's Merry Farm. As an end of the year special, you can purchase a 2020 season pass and use it to enter the park one time during 2019 at no additional charge, as well as unlimited entrances in the following year. If you plan to come back and visit, it's a worthwhile deal.
There are numerous Christmas-themed shows occurring throughout the season, many featuring Snoopy and gang as the principal characters.
- Merry Christmas, Snoopy: A holiday ice skating spectacular featuring everyone's favorite beagle in the 2,100-seat Charles M. Schulz Theatre
- A Peanut's Guide to Christmas: A musical show on the Snoopy Stage
- A Christmas Carol and Marley's Wings: Abridged versions (20–25 minutes) of classic Christmas plays performed in the Bird Cage Theatre
- Snow and Glow Show: Every night in Ghost Town, a sparkling light display while snow falls around you
- Calico Saloon Christmas Show: Holiday classics featuring turn of the century characters
There are special holiday attractions all over the park, as well as vendors in the Christmas Village selling unique gifts to take home. In addition to the special holiday attractions, all of the park rides are also open during Knott's Merry Farm.
- Santa's Christmas Cabin: Santa will be in residence at Santa's Christmas Cabin (Wilderness Dance Hall) to listen to children's wishes. Professional photos are available for a fee. Santa is surrounded by vendors selling lots of holiday goodies (including Snoopy cookies, hot cocoa, chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick, made-to-order sweet crepes, beer, and wine), so it's a cozy place to hang out and warm up, even if you're not there to see Santa.
- Knott's Christmas Craft Fair: Takes over Ghost Town with dozens of local artists and artisans selling their wares. The Craft Fair is open free to the public Monday through Thursday when the rest of the theme park is closed, and it's included in park admission Friday through Sunday.
- Mrs. Claus' Kitchen: Visit Mrs. Claus in her home and decorate Christmas cookies to take home.