For less than 1/3 the price of Disneyland, Knott's offers a tremendous amount of holiday fun for your money. In addition to festive decorations, which include a 65' tree and the park's attractions decked in holiday lights, there are strolling carolers, special shows on all stages. Unlike some of the other parks, which at least give a nod to the diversity of holidays celebrated in December by different cultures and religions, Knott's Merry Farm is all about Christmas.
Open daily from the weekend before Thanksgiving through the weekend after New Years, except Christmas Day. Check the Knott's website for park hours, which vary by day.
Even if you have no intention of going on rides, For $42.75 (Goldstar adult rate including fees), it's fun to see the shows and experience the holiday vendors and seasonal treats (additional purchase). Check Goldstar.com for discount tickets.
- Merry Christmas, Snoopy: A holiday ice skating spectacular featuring everyone's favorite beagle in the 2,100-seat Charles M. Schulz Theatre
- It’s the Merriest Christmas Show Ever, Charlie Brown: A musical show on the Calico Mine Stage
- A Christmas Carol and The Gift of the Magi: Abridged versions (20-25 minutes) of classic Christmas plays performed in the Birdcage Theatre
- The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever: An interactive show in the Camp Snoopy Theatre, featuring Charlie Brown, Linus, and Lucy invites you to dance, sing and join in on the holiday fun
- Calico Saloon Christmas Show: Holiday classics featuring turn of the century characters
- Christmas on Engine 41: Climb aboard a vintage rail car and meet an ever-changing group of Ghost Town residents eager to share their Christmas plans and a song or two.
- Santa's Christmas Cabin: Santa will be in residence at Santa's Christmas Cabin (Wilderness Dance Hall) to listen to children's wishes. Professional photos are available for a fee. Santa is surrounded by vendors selling lots of holiday goodies (including Snoopy cookies, hot cocoa, chocolate-dipped cheesecake on a stick, made-to-order sweet crepes, beer, and wine), so it's a cozy place to hang out and warm up, even if you're not there to see Santa.
- Knott's Christmas Craft Fair: Takes over Ghost Town with dozens of local artists and artisans selling their wares. The Craft Fair is open free to the public Monday through Thursday when the rest of the theme park is closed, and is included in park admission Friday through Sunday.
- Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant: Added to the menu for the holidays are gingerbread men and other specialty cookies and pies
- Christmas Tree Lighting: Nightly, this has moved from the big stage to a smaller platform nearby in Calico Park.
- There are lots of unique gifts to find from vendors in the Christmas Village.
- All the park rides are open during the celebration except for any that might be undergoing maintenance.