Decorating for the holidays means unloading 150 semi-trailer truckloads of decorations, stringing 15 miles of garland and 8.5 million lights, hanging 1,314 wreaths, and trimming some 1,300 trees with 300,000 yards of ribbon and bows across Disney World's four theme parks, two water parks, and over two dozen Disney World resort hotels.
Here are some more highlights of Christmas at Disney World by the numbers:
- A Christmas tree in with a base 26 feet wide
- 170 costumed performers and 15 floats dazzle Main Street, U.S.A. in Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
11 countries dressed for Holidays Around the World at Epcot World Showcase
- More than 800 performers each night at the Candlelight Processional and more than 200 guest choirs during the entire run of the event
Disney World Resort Hotels
- One 70-foot-tall tree takes center stage in Disney’s Contemporary Resort entrance lobby featuring nearly 35,800 white LED lights
- The 45-foot-tall tree in the lobby of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge features authentic African decor of handmade baskets and reproductions of traditional African masks
- 6 life-sized creations cooked up by Walt Disney World pastry chefs, including:
- - one 16-foot-tall gingerbread house at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa baked with 1,050 pounds of honey and involving more than 160 hours of decorating.
- - one life-size gingerbread carousel at Disney’s Beach Club Resort featuring ponies made of chocolate and fondant, giant candy cane poles, handcrafted poinsettias and hand-painted portraits of famous Disney characters
- A wreath 25 feet in diameter adorning the Cirque du Soleil building at Disney Springs
- 365 days of the year that guests can shop for holiday merchandise at the Disney’s Days of Christmas shop