Chloë Ernst has skied on the slopes overlooking her Vancouver home, retraced the Gold Rush in the central interior, and caught waves on the Pacific coast. She loves to do the things she writes about, whether it’s eating dim sum in Chinatown or biking the Stanley Park Seawall. She's thankful that Vancouver and British Columbia keep adding activities to her to-do list, like skiing in Revelstoke, soaking in backwoods hot springs in Harrison, or dining at any of Vancouver's latest restaurants.
Chloë contributes to the Frommer's Vancouver and Frommer's British Columbia guidebooks, covering a territory that includes Vancouver, Whistler, Haida Gwaii, the Cariboo, Northern BC, and the Kootenays. Her writing and photography have appearing in books, magazines, newspapers, and online. She contributed to TripSavvy until 2014.
Her travel guidebooks include:
- Frommer's British Columbia, 2012 (coauthor)
- Frommer's Vancouver & Victoria, 2012 (coauthor)
- Frommer's Far & Wide Canada, 2011 (contributor)
- Globe Pequot Press Scenic Driving Atlantic Canada, 2011 (author)
- Globe Pequot Press Day Trips From Seattle, 2010 (author)
- Frommer's Best Hiking Trips in British Columbia, 2009 (coauthor)
Chloë studied journalism and Spanish at the University of King's College in Halifax, Nova Scotia.