01 of 04
Cheap Tickets for the New York City Ballet
The New York City Ballet performs at the New York State Theater at Lincoln Center (except during the summer, when they perform at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Springs, New York). The New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world with approximately 90 dancers and over 150 productions in its active repertory, seeing a performance of the New York City Ballet is truly a treat.
Getting Cheap Tickets for the New York City Ballet
Continue to 2 of 4 below.
- $30 for 30 Tickets for the New York City Ballet: New York City Ballet tickets are $30 for anyone age 30 and under. Tickets must be purchased on the day of the performance in person at the box office. The offer is subject to availability and the performances that are included are listed weekly on their website.
02 of 04
Cheap Tickets for the New York Philharmonic
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States and the 3rd oldest in the world. The New York Philharmonic performs approximately 180 times yearly, many in Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Hall, though you might also get to experience The New York Philharmonic on tour.
Getting Cheap Tickets for the New York Philharmonic
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- Open Rehearsals: See the New York Philharmonic at work during an open rehearsal in Avery Fisher Hall. Rehearsals run from 9:45 a.m. until approximately 12:30 p.m. and tickets cost $20 and can be purchased online, by phone or in person.
- Student Rush Tickets: $18 tickets for select concerts up to 10 days before the concert online. You can purchase up to two tickets per valid student ID. Student rush tickets are available online up to 10 days in advance and at the David Geffen Hall Box Office on the day of the performance. Students in high school and above must present ID when picking up tickets.
- Senior Rush Tickets: Must be... purchased in person on the day of the performance. Call 212-875-5656 for availability.
- MyPhil: If you're 35 years old or younger you can enjoy tickets to a self-selected series of (at least) three New York Philharmonic performances for just $35 per ticket.
- New York Philharmonic in the Parks: While the acoustics in New York City's area parks aren't as great as those in Avery Fisher Hall, you can enjoy the music of the New York Philharmonic for free at these annual summer concerts.
03 of 04
Cheap Tickets for The Metropolitan Opera
Founded in 1883, the Metropolitan Opera moved to its current home in Lincoln Center in 1966. The Met stages over 200 productions, with an audience of more than 800,000 each season. Featuring some of the greatest voices in opera, ticket prices at The Met can be quite expensive, but these deals make The Met's world-class productions more affordable.
Getting Cheap Tickets for The Metropolitan Opera
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Rush Tickets: $25 tickets are available online for same-day performances (on sale at noon Monday-Friday; for matinees 4 hours before curtain and for Saturday evenings at 2 p.m.
- Standing Room Tickets: Standing room tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. on the day of the performance and cost $25-30. When the Family Circle is sold out, there are also standing room tickets available in that section for $20.
- Student Discount Tickets: Full-time students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs can purchase tickets for $35, plus $2.50 facility fee. You'll have to register for the program and show... proof of your student status in order to book the tickets online. In person, you can buy tickets at the box office by presenting your student ID.
04 of 04
Cheap Tickets for Carnegie Hall
Since opening in 1891, Carnegie Hall's largest performance space (now the Isaac Stern Auditorium) has showcased the greatest soloists, conductors, and ensembles in the world. The greatest classical music performance space in the United States seats 2,804 in five levels of seating with amazing acoustics.
Getting Cheap Tickets for Carnegie Hall
- Student Rush Tickets: Tickets can be purchased only at the box office up until 1 hour before showtime. You can also call Carnegie Charge at 212-247-7800 on the day of a performance for details about availability or subscribe to their Student Insider newsletter to learn about upcoming availability. Follow @chstudenttix on Twitter for the latest student deals.
- Partial View, Full Sound: Partial view seats are 50% off the full-ticket price.
- Public Rush: $10 tickets for every Stern Auditorium/Perelman Stage concerts are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the box office on the day of the performance. Tickets are limited to two per... customer.
- Notables Subscription: For music-lovers in their 20s and 30s, $20 tickets are available to many performances if you join the Notables, with subscriptions starting at $20.