- Charlyn Keating is a professional travel writer who specializes in hotels and resorts and whose work has appeared in The Washington Post, the Star Tribune, the Las Vegas Review-Journal, and USA Today as well as The Travel Channel, MSNBC, CBS, Destination Luxury, Gayot, and Consumer’s Digest.
- Keating is the author of "The Appreneur Playbook: Game-Changing Mobile App Marketing Advice from the Pros" and host of the annual Appreneur Summit for game app makers.
Charlyn Keating is a former writer for TripSavvy who covered hotels and resorts around the world for over 12 and a half years. Keating has been guiding travelers both on the Internet and in the real world throughout her career and has recently made a name for herself in the mobile app developer scene.
The author of two published books including "The Appreneur Playbook," Keating has written hundreds of articles and produced videos seen on the Travel Channel Online, Consumer's Digest, Gayot, TurnHere, the E-Commerce Times, and the CBS morning show. Since 2002, she has been the guide to Hotels and Resorts on TripSavvy, and When not adding new pins to her world map, she looks forward to spending time at home in the Orlando area with her husband and two sons.
Keating earned a Master's Degree in Video Game Production and Programming from the University of Central Florida and a Bachelor's Degree in Radio, Television, and Film Communications from the University of Texas at Austin.Awards and Publications
- "What Can You Take From Hotel Rooms?" video
- "Insider Lodging Tips" for The Washington Post
- "Cheaper Sleeps" for Star Tribune
- "Resorts on Strip Dealing" for Las Vegas Review-Journal
- "Haunted Hotels: Ghost Stories Can Be Good for Business" for USA Today
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.