For the fifth year running, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. will host the annual A Celebration of Harry Potter, a three-day special fan event including special experiences at both Universal theme parks, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida. The event will take place January 26-28, 2018.
While most of the special events will be open to the public, families that opt for a special vacation package will get VIP access to select events. These packages sell out quickly, so superfans should act fast to snag tickets.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter straddles both Universal Orlando theme parks. Hogsmeade is located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley is located in Universal Studios Florida. You need a park-to-park ticket to be able to board the Hogwarts Express train and travel between London and Hogsmeade.
What happens during A Celebration of Harry Potter?
All park guests will be able to enjoy three days of incredible experiences—including the A Celebration of Harry Potter Expo, Q&A sessions with Harry Potter cast members, and more.
All theme park guests can:
- Attend Q&A sessions with the stars of Harry Potter films. Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Katie Leung (Cho Chang), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) attended previous events.
- Take a self-guided Harry Potter scavenger hunt.
- Try on the Sorting Hat and find out which house you belong in.
- Participate in Audible Recall, the ultimate audio challenge that decides who knows the wizarding world inside-out and who has a bad case of the wrackspurts.
- With Daydream View, Google's newly launched virtual reality headset, guests can experience the magic of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in virtual reality. Wave a wand (via a Daydream controller) to solve puzzles and meet a few of the beasts in Newt's case.
- Attend special panel discussions regarding various aspects of the Harry Potter franchise
- Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter—Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida.
- Ride the Hogwarts Express between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley with a park-to-park ticket.
- Check out the Harry Potter Chalk Art Walk, where chalk artists draw your favorite characters and scenes from Harry Potter, as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.You can also let your own creativity shine in the fan chalk art gallery on display throughout the entire event.
- Watch screenings of the Harry Potter films on the Music Plaza big screen.
A Celebration of Harry Potter packages at Universal Orlando
While most of the activities for A Celebration of Harry Potter will be open to all Universal Orlando park guests, super fans who purchase the exclusive event vacation package can enjoy certain special benefits and reserved seating for select events. In previous years, these packages sold out within days.