You got to treat your Mom extra-special on Mother's Day. Start with flowers, and go the extra mile (she does) with brunch, dinner, or another outing. Here are my recommendations for Mother's Day in Queens, New York.
01 of 04
Fancy Feast at Il Toscano
A star, one of the best restaurants in Queens, Il Toscano is the place to treat Mom. She'll appreciate the excellent service as much as the delicious northern Italian food. You'll appreciate the smile on her face, but maybe not getting the check...
02 of 04
The Door Restaurant
Is your mother a chowhound? Or just loves the tastes of the Caribbean? The Door Restaurant is a great place to introduce or cherish the tastes of the islands. The friendly atmosphere and decor make it a great fit for relaxing day with Mom.
- Mothers Day at The Door Restaurant
- 16307 Baisley Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11434
- Reservations recommended.
03 of 04
Okay, it's not actually in Queens, but close enough. The horses are racing Mothers Day Sunday, and you can take a picnic lunch onto the grounds of Belmont Park for a stylish, do-it-yourself celebration. Champagne or fancy sodas are highly recommended. Kids love the playground, and there's a petting zoo, giant bubble stations, and more.
- Mother's Day Picnic at Belmont Park
- 2150 Hempstead Tpke, Elmont NY 11003
- Bring your own the food and drink to the backyard of the grandstand (only).
- Proper attire required at some parts of Belmont
- Another option - Breakfast at Belmont, with a tour prior to races.
04 of 04
Sun, trees, stroller space, pilsner beer, sauerkraut, and goulash...what more could a mother want?
- Bohemian Beer Garden review and directions
- 29-19 24th Ave, Astoria