Here are a few of New Year's Eve events happening in Queens, NY, this year. These events are all confirmed for December 31, 2014, celebrating the new year of 2015!
- New Year's Eve at Bohemian Hall - $80 in advance, open bar, buffets, and DJs in the oldest (and biggest?) beer garden in New York City.
- Annual New Year's Eve Bash in The Garden @ Studio Square - The other beer garden in Astoria is also celebrating.
- New Year's Eve at Alewife Queens in Long Island City with an open bar options.
- New Year's Eve at Play where you can shoot pool, bowl, eat, and drink all on New Year's Eve.
- New Year's Eve Harbor Cruise Skyline Princess out of Flushing Meadows Marina with dinner, open bar, and DJ music. This is a cruise in New York harbor.
- Party at Woodhaven House. By the way, it isn't in Woodhaven, but Middle Village / Rego Park).
- New Year's Eve Party at LIC Bar Live music by Big Dog Run at the classic bar in Long Island City - $20.
- New Year's Eve Dinner at Water's Edge Food, drink, and an East River view of Manhattan. You can enjoy the view from the restaurant, or go upstairs for the party with DJ and open bar ($125-$150). There's no more free ferry service - drat!
- Party at Terrace on the Park Yes, this venue appears in GTA4. Of course, you want to ring in 2015 there. $125 for a food including surf and turf and open bar. Music by Bravo Sounds.
- New Year's Eve Bash at World Resorts Casoino - The casino in Queens has a party this December 31 with DJ Fame Cohen.
- Special New Year's Eve Dinner at the Queens Kickshaw. There's a five-course dinner with multuple seatings. Then late night there's a DJ and $5 cover charge.
- Open Bar and Party at Sweet Afton in Astoria. $70.
- Katch Brewery and Grill hosts a buffet and an open bar New Year's Eve party this year for $75 with live performances by Bon Journey and DJ Benny.
What would I do? I might skip all the cover charges and try a pub in Woodside. Maybe Sean Og Tavern. It's sure to be packed at the bar and under the disco ball. (Sean Og Tavern, 60-02 Woodside Ave, Woodside, 718-899-3499).
Whatver you do on New Year's Eve, take the subway, get a car service, or depend on your teetotaling friends. Don't drive drunk.