Mother's Day is always on the second Sunday in May. In 2017 that date is May 14. Whether your mother is just down the street, or thousands of miles away, don't miss this opportunity to let her know how much you appreciate everything she's done for you. In the Phoenix area, there are a myriad of ways that you can let your mother know that she is special.
01 of 06
Your mother will certainly know that she is appreciated if you take her out for a lovely meal at one of these restaurants. This list includes restaurants serving both a la carte and buffet brunches and dinners. Some of them even include Champagne or a rose for Moms.
Enjoy Mother's Day!
02 of 06
03 of 06
04 of 06
05 of 06
06 of 06
Make Something Special for Mom
You can make your own granola or purchase your favorite brand to create this beautiful, healthy breakfast recipe. Try this Granola Yogurt Parfait recipe from Rico’s American Grill at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Is isn't difficult, and if there are young kids in the house they can help, too.
1 ounce (by volume) local honey
4 ounces (by volume) Greek non-fat yogurt (in disposable piping bag)
2 ounces (by volume) blueberry compote
3 (each) fresh strawberries cut in quarters
4 (each) medium-sized raspberries
2 (each) blackberries cut in halves
2 ounces granola
1 spring fresh mint
1. Mix berries with the compote.
2. Pour honey on the bottom of the glass.
3. Pipe 1/3 of yogurt in the glass on top of honey as close as possible to side of glass.
4. Using a tablespoon, layer of the berry compote on top of yogurt. Sprinkle with granola.
5. Repeat steps so you have three yogurt layers and two berry compote layers.
6. For the last layer, top with granola.
Yield:... 1 serving