The Celebrate Fairfax! Festival is Northern Virginia’s largest annual community-wide celebration featuring live entertainment including a variety of music, carnival rides, children’s activities, a community market place, and nightly fireworks. Additional attractions include Greenology, Fairfax County Karaoke Championship, the popular Silent Disco, a craft beer garden, the Fairfax County DockDogs Competition, The Hub – featuring local wineries, giant lawn games and two stages of entertainment – Emerging Artist Showcase, plus more than 40 carnival rides and attractions, and 30 food vendors.
Dates and Times: June 9-11, 2017, Friday, 6 p.m. to midnight, Saturday, 10 a.m. to midnight and
Sunday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Celebrate Fairfax Highlights
- Music and Entertainment: With more than 130 performances on eight stages located throughout the festival site, Celebrate Fairfax! has music that will appeal to a wide variety of guests. More than 30 of the best local and regional bands will be showcased on one of the festival’s side stages. Headlining acts to be announced.
- Children’s Activities: Kids under ten will enjoy carnival rides, a petting zoo, kids’ climbing wall, a children’s stage, a model-train exhibit, and other fun activities.
- Crafts Market and Community Marketplace: More than 400 exhibitors, vendors, and crafters participate in this festival. The crafts market is open only during daylight hours on Saturday and Sunday, and is closed Friday. The MarketPlace is open until 10 pm Friday and Saturday, and all day Sunday.
- Sunday Brew: The pop-up beer festival, being held on Sunday from noon to 6 p.m. at the Bud Light Main Stage, will feature 13 local and regional breweries, each with up to 4 types of craft beer on tap. This program will also include two stages of non-stop entertainment, beer-focused activities and exhibits.
- Fireworks: Fireworks will be displayed on both Friday and Saturday night at 9:15 p.m.
Getting to Celebrate Fairfax
Location: Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway Fairfax, Virginia
(703) 324-3247. From I-66, Go West to US-50 E in Sully. Take exit 57A. Continue on US-50 E. Drive to Government Center Pkwy.
Parking: If you arrive early you can park behind the Pennino and Herrity buildings on Post Forest and Government Center Pkwy. You may also park at Fair Lakes Circle and Fair Oaks Mall and a free shuttle bus will take you to the festival.
Admission: $15 Adults, ages 13 and older, $5 Children ages 3-12, ages 2 & under Free, $10 Seniors/Military
2017 Entertainment Headliners
- Friday, June 9 - Bush - As the lead vocalist, guitarist and main songwriter behind multi-platinum rock band Bush, Gavin Rossdale has sold close to 20 million records in the U.S. and Canada alone. Together with Bush, he’s compiled an amazing string of 18 consecutive Top 40 hit singles on the Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock charts, including 11 that hit the Top 5.
- Saturday, June 10 - Everclear with Special Guests Vertical Horizon and Fastball It’s been 20 years since Everclear released their 1997 multiplatinum smash So Much For The Afterglow, yet the album remains a beloved fan favorite, and continues to inspire new generations of musicians & fans today.
Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501(c) 3 organization commissioned in 1982 by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. Its mission, “The Celebration of Fairfax County and Its Communities,” is met through the production of the Celebrate Fairfax! Festival, Fall for Fairfax KidsFest, The Workhouse BrewFest, and educational programs such as Celebrate Fairfax CV+ Event Training Program.