Capital Pride is an annual event celebrating the spirit and strength in the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (GLBT) communities in Washington, DC. The event brings together national and local LGBT organizations with more than 50 diverse educational and entertainment events. The highlights include a street festival and parade that are open to the public. Capital Pride is produced by the Capital Pride Alliance, a non-profit entity incorporated in the District of Columbia with the sole purpose of supporting, planning, implementing and assessing the annual Capital Pride events and related activities throughout the year.
Looking for a place to stay near all of the festivities? See a guide to 20 Great Hotels Near Dupont Circle.
New This Year: The LGBTQ National Pride March will be held on June 11, 2017 as a movement against the prejudicial policies of the Trump Administration. More details to be announced.
Dates: June 8-11, 2017
Capital Pride Parade
Saturday, June 10, 2017, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. Entertainment begins around 3:30 p.m. at the Review Stage. The parade begins at 22nd and P Street NW, Washington, DC, proceeds around Dupont Circle, up New Hampshire to R Street, down 17th Street and then east on P Street, north on 14th Street, ending at R Street. See Photos of the Capital Pride Parade
Capital Pride Street Festival and Concert
Parade: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 12 - 7 p.m. Pennsylvania Ave.
between 3rd and 7th St. NW, Washington DC.
Concert: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 1-9 p.m. Pennsylvania Ave, between 3rd and 4th Streets, NW. Washington Dc. Headliners will include Meghan Trainor, Melanie Martinez, Charlie Puth, and Alex Newell.
Transportation and Parking: Parking is very limited in this area.
The best way to get to the festival is to use public transportation. The closest Metro Station is Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter. See a map of Pennsylvania Avenue. Numerous public parking garages can be found along streets adjacent to Pennsylvania Avenue. Street parking is generally restricted to two hours. Read more about parking near the National Mall.
Entertainment & Activities
- Capitol Stage and Nellie’s Beverage Garden - Enjoy your favorite Absolut cocktail, Bud Light, or Shocktop and Barefoot Wines.
- Monument Dance Tent and Bud Light Beverage Garden – A dance tent will highlight some of the best local DJ’s.
- Dupont Stage - The lineup will include drag performances and a variety of talent.
- Taste @ Pride - Enjoy outstanding food selections from some of best local area restaurants.
- Pride in Art - Two non-profit organizations dedicated to LGBTA educational and cultural activism are teaming up to produce a showcase of LGBTA artisans at the annual street festival.
- Family Area - Be sure to check out the 30 foot high inflatable water slide. The family area will also host food vendors, face painters, and covered tables and chairs.
- Demonstration Tent – This area will feature performances, classes and informational sessions from local groups.
For a full schedule of events, visit www.capitalpride.org.