Enjoy Canada in September
September is a great time to visit Canada. The weather is comfortable and the fall foliage is spectacular. Most outdoor activities can still be enjoyed. Canada offers some of the best hiking, boating, camping and fishing destinations.
September in Major Canadian Cities
Know where in Canada you're going?
Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
Consult our guide to weather in Canada for average temperatures, precipitation and other climate considerations.
- Fall in Canada is a beautiful time of year, with the changing colours of the leaves and comfortable temperatures. Check out Canada's Best Fall Foliage Places.
- Airline and hotel deals are available once the summer travel season is over. Find a Canada travel deal.
Average September Temperature (Low / High)
- Vancouver, BC: 50 / 64ºFahrenheit (10 / 18ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 37 / 63ºF, (3 / 17ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: 37 / 50ºF, (3 / 10ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: 36 / 46ºF, (2 / 8ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: 43 / 66ºF, (6 / 19ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 49 / 68ºF, (9 / 20ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 49 / 70ºF, (9 / 21ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 49 / 68ºF, (9 / 20ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 49 / 66ºF, (9 / 19ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 46 / 61ºF, (8 / 16ºC)
Good to Know
- Average temperatures in Canadian provinces vary widely. Be sure to check the weather by Canadian city and province.
- Find out about Canadian money, where to exchange currency, using ATMs, typical prices in Canada, and more.
- The first Monday of September is Labour Day. Banks and most stores will be closed. Expect crowds that weekend.
September In Canada Highlights / Events - Vancouver, Toronto & Vancouver
September in Canada Highlights / Events
September sees the start of many fall and cultural festivals across Canada. Pumpkin festivals, fall colour festivals, wine and food celebrations dot the country: Canada's Best Fall Festivals.