Enjoy Canada in November
The Canadian ski season is not fully under way in November but the cold weather probably has arrived. Travellers to Canada in November can take advantage of lots of low-travel-season deals, including great airfare and hotel packages (try Travel Zoo Canada).
If you're prepared and have packed appropriately, you can still enjoy city walking and lots of outdoor activities.
November in Major Canadian Cities:
Know where in Canada you're going? Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
Average November Temperature (Low / High):
- Vancouver, BC: 37 / 48ºFahrenheit (3 / 9ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 14 / 32ºF, (-10 / 0ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: 0 / 14ºF, (-18 / -10ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: 16 / 27ºF, (-9 / -3ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: 18 / 32ºF, (-8 / 0ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 28 / 41ºF, (-2 / 5ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 32 / 45ºF, (0 / 7ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 30 / 41ºF, (-1 / 5ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 32 / 45ºF, (0 / 7ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 32 / 43ºF, (0 / 6ºC)
- Fewer crowds
- Lots of travel bargains
- November is the month when most major cities across Canada hold their Santa Claus parades. Great for family entertainment, but be sure to dress appropriately. Bring an extra layer and don't forget mitts and hats for the kids. Check out Santa Claus Parades in Major Canadian Cities
Good to Know:
- Average temperatures in Canadian provinces vary widely. Be sure to check the weather by Canadian city and province.
- Find out about Canadian money, where to exchange currency, using ATMs, typical prices in Canada, and more.
- Daylight Savings Time goes into effect the first Sunday of November. At 2:00:00 am on that first Sunday, clocks are turned back 1 hour to 1:00:00 AM local standard time.
Holidays in Canada in November:
- Canada does observe Remembrance Day on November 11; however, school, bank and government closures vary by province. In Ontario and Quebec, November 11 is not a general holiday, but in the West and in the Maritimes it is. Best bet is to call ahead to any banks or government offices if you're planning a visit.
November In Canada Highlights / Events - Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal:
- Santa Claus Parades in Major Canadian Cities
- Vancouver in November Highlights
- Toronto in November Highlights
- Montreal in November Highlights
- Ottawa Food & Wine Show, October - November, Ottawa, Ontario