Warmer Weather and Fewer Crowds Make Early Spring a Great Time to Visit Canada
June is, for many, an ideal time to visit Canada. The complete gamut of summer festivals is not in full swing, but the days are warm and long. Outdoor lovers will especially enjoy Canada in the summer as the country offers some of the best hiking, boating, camping and fishing destinations.
Weather can vary significantly across the country though and spring in Vancouver does not look the same as spring in Montreal. West Coast weather, which includes that of Vancouver, tends to be milder than in Toronto, Niagara Falls, Montreal and Halifax (just to name a few more eastern destinations).
June in Major Canadian Cities:
Know where in Canada you're going? Check out more detailed Canadian city weather and event guides:
Average June Temperature (Low / High):
- Vancouver, BC: 52 / 66ºFahrenheit (11 / 19ºCelsius)
- Edmonton, AB: 45 / 70ºF, (7 / 21ºC)
- Yellowknife, NWT: 46 / 64ºF, (8 / 18ºC)
- Inukjuak, NU: 32 / 46ºF, (0 / 8ºC)
- Winnipeg, MB: 50 / 73ºF, (10 / 23ºC)
- Ottawa, ON: 54 / 75ºF, (12 / 24ºC)
- Toronto, ON: 52 / 75ºF, (11 / 24ºC)
- Montréal:, QC: 55 / 73ºF, (13 / 23ºC)
- Halifax, NS: 48 / 68ºF, (9 / 20ºC)
- St. John's, NF: 43 / 61ºF, (6 / 16ºC)
- Warmer weather means visitors can enjoy more of Canada's great outdoor offerings, such as camping and fishing.
- Springtime means the full throng of summer visitors has not yet arrived.
- Take advantage of the warmer weather and longer days in Canada's northern territories: the Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
- Some of the most popular Canadian festivals and events are not yet under way.
- Beware of black flies, deer flies and horse flies throughout Central Canada, mostly forested areas. They bite and can make life quite miserable. Bring repellent, light clothing that gives maximum coverage and a hat. Find more information on black flies in Canada.
Good to Know:
- Find out about Canadian money, where to exchange currency, using ATMs, typical prices in Canada, and more.
June Highlights / Events:
- Gros Morne Theatre Festival, May to September: Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Niagara New Vintage Festival: Niagara Region (near Niagara Falls)
- Banff Summer Arts Festival, May through August: Banff, Alberta
- The Charlottetown Festival, mid-June to end of September
- The Annapolis Valley Apple Blossom Festival, end of May to beginning of June: Nova Scotia
- The Stratford Festival (Theatre), May - October: Stratford, Ontario
- The Shaw Festival (Theatre), April - November: Niagara-on-the-Lake