If you're traveling with your RV or camper along Florida's I-75 that stretches north and south the length of the state from the Georgia-Florida state line to Naples and then cuts east to Fort Lauderdale, try any of these campgrounds for an overnight stay. Some are great locations for extended stay getaways or vacations.
Note: Campgrounds are listed by exit numbers north to south and then west to east, beginning near the Florida-Georgia state line and continuing into Fort Lauderdale. Exit numbers are based on highway mile markers. Campgrounds listed are no more than two or three miles off I-4 for easy overnight access and were chosen by personal camping experience, observation or positive camping reviews from others.
Exit 404 (CR 236)
High Springs, FL
- High Springs Campground, 24004 N.W. Old Bellamy Road, High Springs - Small, rather rustic campground is perfect for an overnight stay on your way to Central Florida. Close to High Springs antique shops. Phone 386-454-1688.
Exit 368 (CR 318)
- Grand Lake Golf & RV Resort, 18545 N.W. 45TH Avenue Road, Citra - Pet-friendly modern resort with 9-hole golf course and too many amenities to mention... except for the free WiFi. Phone 352-591-3474 or toll free 800-435-2291.
Exit 341 (CR 484)
- Ocala Sun RV Park Resort, 2559 S.W. C.R. 484, Ocala - Modern pet-friendly gated campground in horse-country setting. Amenities include free cable and WiFi and heated pool and spa. Lots are also available for sale. Phone 877-809-1100.
Exit 309 (CR 476)
- Breezy Oaks RV Park, 9683 County Road 671, Bushnell (east on St. Catherine Road, turn left onto Safari Campground Road) - Located just off I-75 and surrounded by the Withlacoochee State Forest. Amenities include large heated swimming pool and clubhouse. Phone 352-569-0300.
Exit 279 (SR 54)
Wesley Chapel, FL
- Quail Run RV Park, 6946 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel - Very nice, modern and gated campground with your choice of full sun or shaded campsites with concrete pads. Amenities include free WiFi, computer stations, and clubhouse. Not too far from Busch Gardens. Phone 813-973-0999 for information or 800-582-7084 for reservations.
Exit 265 (SR 582)
- Happy Traveler RV Park, 9401 East Fowler Avenue, Thonotosassa - The closest campground to Busch Gardens and the University of South Florida. Amenities include a rec center, heated pool, shuffleboard, horse shoes, ping pong and free WiFi. Phone 813-986-3094 or toll free 800-758-2795.
Exit 229 (CR 6)
- Frog Creek Campground & RV Park, 8515 Bayshore Road, Palmetto - Nice park near Sunshine Skyway Fishing Pier State Park. Amenities include a fenced-in doggie park and heated pool. Phone toll free 800-771-3764.
Exit 217 (SR 70)
- Winterset RV Resort, 8515 U.S. 41 North, Palmetto - 55+ RV/park model/land lease community with daily, weekly and monthly rates available. Amenities and activities are planned with the permanent or winter resident in mind. Phone 941-722-4884 or toll free 877-946-8376.
Exit 210 (SR 780)
- Sun-N-Fun RV Resort, 7125 Fruitville Road, Sarasota - Acres of fishing ponds, lakes, hiking trails are the setting for this beautiful park. Amenities include fenced doggie runs, cable television, WiFi, heated swimming pool, children's splash pool, on-site dining and so much more for very reasonable rates. Phone toll free 800-843-2421.
Exit 191 (CR 777)
- Camp Venice Retreat, 4085 E. Venice Avenue, Venice - Beautiful waterfront pet-friendly camping under a canopy of trees. Separate RV and tent areas. Phone 941-488-0850.
- Ramblers Rest, 1300 North River Road, Venice - Amenities include large heated swimming pool and spa, clubhouses, exercise room and so much more! Phone 941-493-4354.
Exit 143 (SR 78)
North Fort Myers, FL
- Seminole Park for RVs, 8991 Triplett Road, North Fort Myers (Bayshore Road east to Wells Road, left on Triplett, campground will be on your right almost to the end of the road) - Tree canopied RV camping (no tents). Phone 941-543-2919.
Exit 139 (Luckett Road)
Fort Myers, FL
- Cypress Woods RV Resort, 5551 Luckett Road, Fort Myers - This world-class rv resort offers many amenities. Lot sales and rentals are offered with daily, weekly and monthly rates. Phone 239-694-2191.
Exit 123 (Corkscrew Road)
- Koreshan State Historic Site, 3800 Corkscrew Road, Estero - Just over two miles from I-75, you'll find camping at this tree-filled state park next to the Estero River. Phone 239-992-0311.
Exit 116 (Bonita Beach Road)
Bonita Springs, FL
- Imperial Bonita Estates RV Resort, 27700 Bourbonniere Drive, Bonita Springs - I usually don't recommend combination resident mobile home parks/rv parks, but this one isn't far off I-75 and seems to offer a good amount of campsites vs mobile residences. Amenities for campers include pet-friendly atmosphere, modern facilities, pool, and wireless high-speed Internet. Phone toll free 800-690-6619.
Exit 101 (CR 951)
- Club Naples RV Resort, 3180 Beck Boulevard, Naples - Amenities include a large mini golf course, heated swimming pool, exercise room, free WiFi and so much more! Phone toll free 888-795-2780.