There's always something going on in New Orleans, and of course besides what's going on you need to know the weather conditions. So, first, here's the New Orleans average weather conditions for the year.
- January ---- high 62° F low 43° F rainfall 4.7 in.
- February ---- high 65° F low 46° F rainfall 5.6 in.
- March ---- high 71° F low 52° F rainfall 5.2 in.
- April ---- high 78° low F 59° F rainfall 4.7 in.
- May ---- high 85° F low 66° F rainfall 4.4 in.
- June ---- high 89° F low 71° F rainfall 5.4 in.
- July ---- high 91° F low 73° F rainfall 6.4 in.
- August ---- high 90° F low 73° F rainfall 5.9 in.
- September ---- high 87° F low 70° F rainfall 5.5 in.
- October ---- high 80° F low 59° F rainfall 2.8 in.
- November ---- high 71° F low 51° F rainfall 4.4 in.
- December ---- high 64° F low 45° F rainfall 5.5 in.
To help you plan your next trip, here's a monthly calendar of major events.
January Time to plan the year.
February Bring an extra bag to get all your Mardi Gras throws home. If you're staying for Mardi Gras day, bring a costume, you'll have more fun.
Easter Parades, Jazz Brunches and more.
Time for the Spring Festivals to begin.
More festivals including New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival and New Orleans Wine and Food Experience.
Hot and humid, bring shorts, cool clothes and a hat.
This is the time to get some great deals on hotels.
Because there are few conventions in August, hotels offer some great deals.
The New Orleans Saints, Southern Decadence and more.
Weather is cool and many blue sky days. Time for art walks and shows.
Weather is chilly. But, there's football with the New Orleans Saints and the Bayou Classic.
Christmas in New Orleans.