If you're looking for cable and satellite television in OKC, you have several options. It is best to research the plans and availability for each, as you can frequently receive excellent initial sign-up offers with your preferred provider by referencing competitor pricing and specials.
Here are the cable and satellite providers in the Oklahoma City area, with general information on plans and contact details for establishing service.
Important: Plans and prices change frequently. Contact the individual company to confirm current offers.
- Services: Long a telephone provider in the Oklahoma City area, under the names AT&T, Southwestern Bell, and SBC Communications, the company moved into the television market with its broadband U-Verse service. Though AT&T merged with Directv, the U-Verse TV packages are still available.
- Plans: U-Verse digital television service begins at $50 a month for a package that includes over 200 channels. In addition, you can bundle television service with your internet. See a full list of all current AT&T plans.
- How to sign up: Check availability and sign up online, call at (800) 288-2020, or visit an area AT&T store.
- Services: Cox Communications is the lone company with which the city of Oklahoma City has a cable television provider franchise agreement, allowing Cox to utilize public right-of-ways to provide cable service. Cox also provides internet and phone services, with a customer base of over 6 million people in the United States.
- Plans: Residential cable plans from Cox start at just $31.99 per month for a basic television lineup. There are plans that include On Demand access, and Cox offers DVR and Whole Home DVR service. In addition, you can bundle cable service with phone and internet.
- How to sign up: Sign up for Cox Communications cable television or other services online or by calling (405) 600-8282.
- Services: The leader in satellite television service in the United States, DIRECTV is well known for exclusive sports programming packages such as NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings.
- Plans: DIRECTV packages start at $50 per month and include a minimum of 145 channels. Available options include DVR, multi-room service and a variety of special premium additions such as the above-noted sports packages and movie channels. See a full list of DirecTV packages.
- How to sign up: To order DIRECTV service, do so online with the package link above or call (888) 777-2454.
- Services: Dish Network is a satellite television service provider.
- Plans: Dish Network plans are typically discounted for new subscribers and start at just $49.99 a month for the first two years. The "America's Top 250" is $74.99 and includes premium movie channels and regional sports. Also available are options such as the Hopper Smart DVR. See a full list of Dish Network packages.
- How to sign up: Order Dish Network service online, by calling (888) 581-9813 or by visiting a local retailer.