Butler’s Orchard is a 300-acre family-owned farm in Germantown, Maryland that grows fruits, vegetables and flowers. Items are for sale at the farm market and you can also pick your own fruits and vegetables as they are in season. Families flock to Butler’s Orchard for special holiday events. You can cut your own Christmas tree during the holiday season. The farm is one of the closest to Washington DC and one of the most popular in Montgomery County.
Butler’s Farm Market Items
A wide assortment of fruits & vegetables, jams & jellies, honey, maple syrup, gourmet condiments, apple cider, and a variety of hand made gifts and flowers.
Butler’s Pick Your Own Produce
Crops are variable so it is always a good idea to call ahead to confirm that the item is available. For picking information, call (301) 428-0444. There is a $3 per person fee for a day pass admission to the farm.
- Strawberries - late May through mid June
- Sugar Snap and English Peas - Mid June through late June
- Black Raspberries - Mid June through early July
- Blueberries - Late June through early August
- Tart Cherries - Late June
- Flowers - July through September
- Blackberries - Mid July through early August
- Potatoes - Late July through September
- Red Raspberries - Mid August through first frost
- Apples - Early September through mid October
- Pumpkins - Late September through October
- Christmas trees - Late November through December 24
Seasonal festivals are geared towards young children and are a fun way to celebrate the seasons.
- Pumpkin Festival - Weekends throughout October, Pick a pumpkin; take a hayride; explore a hay maze; and enjoy crafts, food, and family activities. Cost: $12 per person; Children under 2 are free. See Photos of Butlers Orchard Pumpkin Festival
- Bunnyland - The Week of Easter, Enjoy a hayride, hunt for Easter eggs, see bunnies, lambs and chicks and enjoy food and family activities. Cost: $7.50 per adult or any child who doesn't want a goodie basket, $9.50 per child ages 12 months or up or any infant who wants a goodie basket.
22222 Davis Mill Road, Germantown, Maryland 20876. (301) 428-0444. From I-270N, Take Exit 16. Continue on Ridge Road. Take WIldcat Road to Davis Mill Road.
Butler’s Orchard is closed for the winter season from December 25 until the Bunnyland event in the spring.
Closed Mondays except for holidays.
Tuesdays through Fridays
8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Last entry field and farm park is at 5:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Last entry to field and farm park is at 4:30 p.m.
Official Website: www.butlersorchard.com