Bus fares on Reno's public transit bus system are tiered for various riders. Here is what you need to know about bus fares and the options you have for purchasing ride tickets on our public bus system. Reno's public transit bus system is operated by the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC).
ID for Reduced Fares
To be eligible for reduced fares, you should get a free ID issued by RTC. Applications can be obtained online or from one of the locations listed below.
Return completed applications to one of these same locations to obtain your ID. Other acceptable forms of ID include a driver's license or DMV ID card, Medicare card, student photo ID, identification issued by another transit agency, and RTC ACCESS ID card. Contact RTC Passenger Services at (775) 348-7433 for more information. Phone hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
- Youth - age 6 to 18 and students with current middle or high school ID - Youth ID Application
- Seniors - born before January 1, 1950 - Senior ID Application
- Disabled - includes Medicare - Disabled ID Application
- RTC 4th Street Station (4th and Lake Streets, downtown Reno), 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week.
- RTC Centennial Plaza (Victorian Avenue and 15th Street, downtown Sparks), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week.
- RTC Administration (2050 Villanova Drive, Reno), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- RTC ACCESS office (600 Sutro, Reno), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
More About Bus Passes
Visit the RTC website for more information about bus passes - how they work, how to purchase bus passes, and the variety of pass options available.
Bring exact change when paying your fare with cash. Neither the driver nor the farebox on the bus give change.
Source: Regional Transportation Commission (RTC).
RTC Bus Fares Update
Bus fares for some RTC public transit services have changed, actually being reduced in some cases. Here is a summary of changes that went into effect on July 1, 2013. The fare schedule table below has been updated as well. For more information, call RTC Passenger Services at (775) 348-RIDE (7433). Hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Closed on holidays.
- RTC SIERRA SPIRIT - Formerly free, the regular fare is now 25 cents, reduced fare 10 cents.
- RTC INTERCITY - Fares will increase as of August 11, 2013.
- RTC ACCESS on RTC RIDE – Reduce 10-ride pass from $5 to $4.
- Pre-purchased pass fares have been reduced.
Reno Bus Fares Schedule
|Adult||Youth||Senior||Disabled||RTC ACCESS ID||Children 5 and under||Transfers|
|Cash Fare (single ride)||$2.00||$1.00||$1.00||$1.00||$0.50||Free||Free|
|24-Hour purchased onboard||$5.00||$2.50||$2.50||$2.50||--||--||--|