Eligible Miami residents may schedule free bulk waste pickups up to twice per calendar year. Each pickup may contain up to 25 cubic yards of bulk waste. If you have more than 25 cubic yards, you may combine your two pickups in a single trip. Regular waste may be disposed of using the standard recycling and trash collection service.
You may schedule trips over your bulk waste limit on a pay-per-use basis.
The cost of removing bulk waste is $23 per cubic yard with a $115 minimum charge.
Who is Eligible?
Pickups may be scheduled by any resident of unincorporated Miami Dade County as well as residents of:
- Cutler Bay
- Miami Gardens
- Miami Lakes
- Palmetto Bay
- Sunny Isles Beach
Bulk waste pickups may contain a variety of non-toxic materials, including:
- White goods/appliances
- House fixtures
- Tree cuttings less than five feet in length
- Construction and demolition materials
- Electronic items
- Disabled power tools (drained of oil and fuel)
- Tires smaller than 48" in diameter without rims (limit 4)
Scheduling a Pickup
Eligible residents of Miami-Dade County may schedule a pickup using the Public Works and Waste Management Bulk Waste Pickup Scheduling Tool. Simply visit the website and enter the address of your property. The tool will check your eligibility and inform you whether a pickup is available for scheduling.
You will then be asked to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your status as the property owner, family member or tenant
- Contact information
- Details about the pickup, including:
- The number of piles of trash (1-4 piles)
- Exact location of the trash
- Type of trash
- The date the materials will be ready for pickup
You will then receive a confirmation that your pickup has been scheduled. It will occur within nine days of the date you specify the materials will be ready.