Bryce Resort is a four-season resort in Basye, Virginia, in the Shenandoah Valley, about 2 hours from Washington, DC. The resort offers a wide selection of activities including skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, golf, tennis, swimming and much more. Bryce Mountain is conveniently located near Shenandoah National Park, which offers an extensive selection of recreational opportunities, historical sites, wine vineyards, etc.
Skiers can hone their skills at the nationally-known Horst Locher Ski School or enroll their children in the SKIwee or Mini Rider programs. These programs cater to children ages four to eight years of age. Bryce's new kids' area includes brightly colored animals and a new carpet lift for little ones. This means that many more children can be accommodated in the SKIwee and Mini Rider programs where they learn the basics of skiing and snowboarding. Mini Rider is for kids age 6-8. Both are half-day sessions taught by experienced instructors.
Getting to Bryce Mountain
Address: 1982 Fairway Dr. Basye, Virginia, located about 11 miles west of I-81. The resort is about a two hour drive from Washington, DC. See a map
Directions from Washington, DC: Take the Capital Beltway (I-495) to I-66 West to I-81 South. Take Exit 273 (Mt. Jackson). Turn East (left) on Rt. 292 to Rt. 11. Go South (right) to Rt.
263. Go west (right) on Rt. 263 for 11 miles to Resort Dr. and the entrance of Bryce Resort on your right.
Ski Resort Details
Lifts: 2 chair lifts, 1 surface lift, 2 carpet lifts
Hours: Sunday-Tuesday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Night skiing begins at 4:30 p.m.
Snow Report: (800) 821-1444, ext.
Bryce Resort is a member-owned resort. All activities and facilities are open to the public, but members enjoy additional benefits and amenities. Lodging at Bryce Resort includes a wide choice of condominiums, townhomes, and chalets.
Warm Weather Activities
- Bryce Bike Park - The custom designed park has 8 lift-accessed trails ranging from Beginner to Advanced, some of which are over 2 miles in length.
- Zipline Adventure - Criss-crossing the mountainside on 11 different lines, the Zipline cruises over chairlifts at over 90 feet off the ground
- Lake Laura Beach and Boat Rentals - Bryce Resort operates a private fenced-in grassy beach area at Lake Laura which is open to the public for a fee. Canoes, Paddleboats, paddleboards and kayaks are avaialable to rent.
- Summer Tubing - Enjoy tubing down the same slope as the winter, but with no snow. For ages 4 and up.
- Disc Golf - A unique 9-hole course requires a lift ride to the top so you can play your way back to the base.
- Bryce Resort's 18 hole championship course is one of the Shenandoah Valley's premier destinations for golf.
Bryce Resort does not own or operate a hotel. Vacation rentals are available through the following companies.
- Chalet High - (540) 856-3770
- Creekside Realty - (540) 856-3322
- Four Seasons Rentals - (540) 856-2149
- Bryce Hill Condominiums - (540) 856-2143