If the amount of green it takes to catch a show on the Great White Way has you seeing red, have we got just the ticket (or two!) for you. Broadway Week's fall 2016 edition is here, a hugely popular biannual promotion run by NYC & Company (the city's official marketing and tourism organization), which prices theater tickets to select shows at two for the price of one. Considering that ticket sales for Broadway average more than $100 bucks a head, that translates to some serious savings.
Broadway Week tickets went on sale on August 18, and will be available for two weeks of performances running from September 5th through September 18th in 2016.
Nearly 20 productions are taking part in the fall 2016 promotion, including new Broadway Week participants like Cats, Cirque du Soleil Paramour, and Holiday Inn. Plus, nab tickets to well-established hits like The Lion King, Wicked, Chicago, and more.
Theatergoers will have access to special Broadway Week ticketing for the following 19 Broadway shows:
* Aladdin at the New Amsterdam Theatre
* An American in Paris at the Palace Theatre
* Beautiful: The Carole King Musical at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre
* Cats at the Neil Simon Theatre
* Chicago at the Ambassador Theatre
* Cirque du Soleil Paramour at the Lyric Theatre
* The Color Purple at Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
* Fiddler on the Roof at the Broadway Theater
* Holiday Inn at Studio 54
* The Humans at the Roundabout Theatre Company
* Jersey Boys at the August Wilson Theatre
* Kinky Boots at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre
* The Lion King at the Minskoff Theatre
* Matilda the Musical at the Shubert Theatre
* On Your Feet! The Story of Emilio and Gloria Estefan at the Marquis Theatre
* The Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre
* School of Rock at the Winter Garden Theatre
* Something Rotten! at the St. James Theatre
* Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre
Broadway Week, launched in 2011, is offered two times annually, in winter and fall. Note that the discount tickets are subject to availability, and that certain blackout dates may apply. There is also an opportunity to purchase limited upgraded seats through the deal, for a $20 supplement. To book and for more info, visit nycgo.com/broadwayweek.