Note: This resort formerly operated as Breezes Trelawny Resort & Spa.
The erstwhile Breezes Trelawny Resort was renovated and reopened in late 2013 as the 352-room Royalton White Sands Resort. This all-inclusive resort is located in Trelawny, an area about 30 minutes from Montego Bay in Jamaica. Families will like the spacious rooms, which feature mini-fridges, private patios, and modern bathrooms with large rainfall showerheads. This upscale beachfront resort offers multiple bars and restaurants, two swimming pools (one adults-only) with a water playground geared to younger kids, larger waterslides for older kids, and a spa.
There's also a children's club for ages 4 to 12 featuring the popular cartoon characters Max & Ruby and Mike The Knight. Teens ages 13 to 17 have their own age-appropriate lounge, and there are nightly entertainment and activities.
Activities include tennis, beach volleyball, Ping-Pong, cooking classes, dance classes, trivia competitions, snorkeling, kayaking, and more.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The resort has two beaches on a cove which makes for great swimming and snorkeling.
- There are two pools, a water playground for younger kids, and large waterslides for older kids. The pools are basic, but the waterpark area offers both large and small waterslides and interactive features such as water jets.
- There are ten restaurants at the resort, with cuisines ranging from Asian, Italian, West Indian, and an excellent Jamaican jerk hut to a sports bar, cafe, and a steakhouse.
- Be aware that nighttime entertainment in the pool/beach area can mean pool view rooms are not quiet at night. Ask for a room away from the noise if that is important to you.
- Wi-fi access is free.
The resort is located in Trelawny, about a half-hour drive from Montego Bay and five minutes from Falmouth, on Jamaica's northern shore.
The closest airport is Sangster International Airport (MBJ) in Montego Bay.
Breezes Trelawny Resort & Spa
Previously, Royalton White Sands Resort operated as Breezes Trelawny Resort & Spa as a value-priced all-inclusive property with plenty of fun for families.
Breezes Resorts was part of the SuperClubs collection of all-inclusive resorts, which included well-reputed properties on some of the best beaches in the Caribbean and Latin America. Between 2012 and 2015, SuperClubs underwent restructuring and sold off four Breezes properties, including the resort in Trelawny. (Other Breezes properties that were sold during this period include Breezes Curaçao and two other Jamaican properties, Breezes Runaway Bay and Breezes Grand Negril Resort & Spa.)
A 2012 announcement that Breezes Trelawny was closing stated that the resort had been sold to Blue Diamond Hotels & Resorts, a division of Sunwing Travel Group, a Canadian company. Subsequently, the resort was renovated and then rebranded as the Royalton White Sands Resort & Spa.
- Edited by Suzanne Rowan Kelleher