The Blue Duck Tavern is a 106-seat contemporary neighborhood restaurant located at the Park Hyatt Hotel in downtown Washington, DC. The restaurant features an open staff pantry and kitchen and its menu consists of seasonally farm-fresh produce, meats and seafood. Three quarters of the menu is slow roasted in a wood-burning oven.
- Innovative menu, great food and elegant presentation
- Washington, DC’s first professional Molteni range, wood-burning oven
- Comfortable, spacious seating with large windows and lots of natural light
- Seasonal outdoor seating
- Extensive wine list
- Not a family-friendly atmosphere or menu
- Address: 24 & M Streets, NW, Washington, DC
Near Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle metro stations
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Valet parking available
Review of Blue Duck Tavern
The Blue Duck Tavern features seasonally farm-fresh meats and seafoods that are slow roasted on a wood-burning oven. Each item is identified with the region of its origin, the farm where it was harvested or the waters where it was caught.
The Blue Duck Tavern is classically decorated with handmade furnishings including black walnut tables paired with modern, twisted log chairs to the Windsor benches, and limestone and bleached oak flooring throughout the restaurant. The pastry shop and pantry area are visible to arriving guests, as well as the central kitchen, housing the custom cobalt blue lacquer Molteni range with mirror finished stainless steel surface and the wood-burning oven.
The restaurant has seasonal outdoor seating for 40 guests, a semi-private dining room for up to 10 guests, and a Chef's Table adjacent to the open kitchen, which also seats 16.