Betsy Malloy has had her lens - and her pen - focused on California since the late 1990s, when she became About.com's California travel expert. Since then, she has visited every corner of the Golden State and created thousands of pages to help others enjoy her home state as much as she does.
She is a freelance travel writer, professional photographer and former San Francisco City Guides tour leader. Before moving to the San Francisco Bay area, Betsy lived in Los Angeles. She has traveled extensively California, the western United States and around the world.
You can connect with Betsy on social media.
Like her Facebook page, where you can get updates, see photos and videos and ask questions.
Join Betsy's thousands of followers on Pinterest. You'll find thousands of pins that are all California related. In fact, she may have one of the largest collections of pins devoted to California travel anywhere.
When she isn't writing about California travel here, Betsy is still out and about in California. These are some of her other projects:
- Betsy Malloy Photography: A collection of images from California - and around the world
- Images of the Golden Gate Bridge: A selection of fine art and stock photos of San Francisco, dedicated to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Betsy Malloy on Instagram: After I had enough of all that serious photography, I just wanted to have some fun - focusing on the lighter side of California.
Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person. Here's how to make contact:
- Advice for Your Trip: I'm very sorry, but I can't spend hours and days helping every reader plan their trip. However, I do make every effort to answer quick questions sent by email.
- Press Releases and Public Relations Items: Press release or other public relations item FOR CALIFORNIA ONLY should go to email@example.com.
- Everything Else: Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Betsy has been a travel writer since 1998. Beside creating thousands of articles at About.com, her online credits include Fodors Travelwire and eztrip. Her work has also appeared in Islands, Westways and Porthole magazines and in the Christian Science Monitor, San Francisco Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, Boston Herald and other newspapers.
When she isn't traveling in California, she's often off to other parts of the world and she loves to share her experiences about those trips, too - which is how she has earned Senior Contributor status at Tripadvisor.
Betsy studied chemistry in college and worked in the semiconductor and software industries, but travel has always been her first love.
I've been writing about California for so long that you might think I'd be bored with it by now, but I'm not. In fact, my "Bucket List" is still as long as my left arm and there are so many places I want to visit again, too. I want to share my love of the Golden State with you - and to give you some great tips and ideas to make your California trip the best ever.