Well, it might seem like a silly question, but which is the best way to walk the Brooklyn Bridge? If you start from Manhattan, you've got a view of Brooklyn en route. If you start from Brooklyn, you've got an eyeful of Manhattan. So, if you're planning to make a memorable walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, which way should you go?
For the most scenic route, start in Brooklyn and walk to Manhattan. That way, you'll be headed directly toward the famous Manhattan skyline the entire way.
It's fine to walk the other way, too, from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Just remember to take the time to look back!
And, don't be discouraged if you've driven across the Brooklyn Bridge (in either direction) and been unimpressed with the view, which has been obscured by construction curtains. The pedestrian walkway is on the road, so walkers have a better view.
Is it worth the time and effort to walk the Brooklyn Bridge? You betcha.
And, for general information
- A Visitors Guide to Brooklyn, NY.
- How Long does it Take to Walk Across the Brooklyn Bridge?
- Hotels near the Brooklyn Bridge
- 12 Iconic Landmarks to Look For From Atop the Brooklyn Bridge
- Which Skyscraper Is It? The Empire State Building? Or Chrysler?
- NYC Views: 5 Historic Bridges You Can See from the Brooklyn Bridge