Question: What are the best times to visit Disney World?
Disney World is a great place, but it can also be overwhelming trying to decide where to stay, what to see, or even what can you afford. Many factors influence theme park attendance — special events, holidays, promotions, weather and park hours. In order to get the most out of your Disney World vacation, it is especially important to consider the crowds and weather to help determine the best time to visit.
While special events and promotions may have some influence on theme park attendance; historically, Disney World's highest theme park attendances tend to be influenced by these holidays:
Additionally, summer is also a peak attendance time. This is primarily due to families taking vacations while their children are off school for the summer. Unfortunately, this is Florida's hottest months with Disney World's average temperatures often reaching the high-80s to mid-90s and humidity making temperatures "feel" much higher. If you don't do well in the heat, it is best to avoid Disney World in the summer.
Disney World's lowest theme park attendance will typically fall just after New Year's Day until just prior to Presidents' week in February; the week following Labor Day until just before Thanksgiving week; and, the week following Thanksgiving until the week prior to Christmas.
Moderate theme park attendances at Disney World are often noted after Presidents' Day week in February through early March; late April through early June (except for Memorial Day weekend); and, the first part of Thanksgiving week.
Of course, crowds are of little importance when you plan your vacation around these popular Disney World special events:
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - March thru May
- Disney's Night of Joy - September
- Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - September & October
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - October & November
- Holidays Around the World and Candlelight Processional at Epcot - November & December
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - November & December
Once you arrive at Disney World, it is good to know that each theme park has certain days that tend to be the busiest, so plan your theme park visits accordingly:
- Magic Kingdom - Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Epcot - Tuesday and Friday
- Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunday and Wednesday
- Disney's Animal Kingdom - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Or, check out tips on when to visit each park here:
- Best Time to Visit Disney's Magic Kingdom
- Best Time to Visit Epcot
- Best Time to Visit Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Best Time to Visit Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Check these month-by-month Disney World guides that note weather conditions, crowd levels, special events and tips.
- If you must visit Disney World in the summer, find out how to beat the Florida heat with these useful tips.
- Traveling with an infant? No matter what time of year you visit Disney World these tips will come in handy when planning a trip with your precious little one in tow.
- No matter when you visit Disney World there is likely going to be lines. Whine-proof the kids by using these great ways to pass the time in line.