Fall is a great time to visit New Orleans. The weather is cool, humidity is low, the skies are blue and many fragrant flowers are in bloom. It's time for celebration, festivals, streetcar rides, sports events and, of course, Halloween.
To help plan your fall trip to New Orleans, here are some of the best of Fall events in New Orleans.
- The New Orleans Saints march into the Superdome.
- NBA basketball with the New Orleans Hornets
- You can also see a Broadway Show.
- The New Orleans Seafood Festival on Fulton Street across from Harrah's Casino. September 9-11.
- Art for Arts' Sake art walk on the first Saturday of October.
- Every Wednesday there are free concerts in Lafayette Square from mid-September through mid-November.
- Carnaval Latino is a festival with a Latin flare. October 1-2.
- Art for Art's Sake is the first Saturday in October.
- The Crescent City Blues and BBQ October 14-16.
- The New Orleans Film Festival October 14th-20th.
- At Oktoberfest there's German beer and food, crafts and music.
- The Voodoo Music Experience is a great Halloween Weekend Festival.
- New Orleans loves Halloween. Here's a list of Halloween Events.
- Performances by the New Orleans Ballet, The New Orleans Philharmonic Orchestra and The New Orleans Opera
- The Swamp Fest in Audubon Park is a favorite of kids. November 5th & 6th.
- The Oak Street Po-boy Festival, a celebration of New Orleans' favorite food. Sunday, November 20th.
- The Bayou Classic College Football Game pits Grambling against Southern University in big event over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Celebration in the Oaks, the premier holiday celebration begins the day after Thanksgiving and continues until January 3rd.
Month by Month Calender and Exact Dates