Vancouver is a city that loves great food. So it's no surprise that the Dine Out Vancouver Festival--the biggest annual food festival in the city--has become a beloved tradition since its premiere in 2002.
Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2015 runs from January 15 - 31, 2016.
What is the Dine Out Vancouver Festival?
Back in 2002, Tourism Vancouver organized the first Dine Out Vancouver as a promotional event for Vancouver area restaurants.
In it's first iterations, Dine Out was a restaurant festival wherein participating restaurants offered three-course "set menus" of $18, $28 or $38 per person, to encourage diners to try something new or visit an old favourite for a less-than-usual cost.
Vancouver restaurants--and their special Dine Out menus--are still a huge part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival, but the event has grown to include loads of special foodie events, from one-of-a-kind suppers to Vancouver culinary torus to the Street Food City celebration of Vancouver food trucks. (See below for more details).
What kind of restaurants participate in Dine Out?
Vancouver has an amazing array of restaurants, amply represented in Dine Out, from new hot spots to family-friendly places, with choices for every type of food imaginable.
Since Dine Out is city-wide, it's a great excuse to get out of your own neighbourhood and visit another.
Find a participating restaurant, see the menu, and make a reservation.
At the Dine Out site, you can look up the menu for any participating restaurant and make reservations online.
Reservations can be made in advance, starting January 6.
Dine Out Vancouver 2016 - Special Events
Now in its 14th year, Dine Out Vancouver has expanded into a full foodie festival, with a wide array of special events--including food tours and special suppers--happening throughout the city. These events often sell out quickly, so move fast if you want tickets!
The top Dine Out 2016 events include:
- Craft Beer and Food Pairing Tour - Vancouver Brewery Tours leads a tour that highlights Vancouver's craft brewery culture as much as its foodie culture. Perfect for beer lovers!
- Secret Supper Soirée - Diners are whisked off to a secret location (via double decker bus) for an amazing "culinary roadtrip" featuring a multi-course dinner and wine tastings.
- Art, Eat and Sip at Granville Island - Presented by Vancouver Foodster, this events includes food from top Granville Island restaurants, art from Granville Island artists, and local beers and spirits.
- Gastown Brunch Crawl, Yaletown Brunch Crawl & Main Street Brunch Crawl - Get a taste of three of Vancouver's most famous neighbourhoods with brunch at multiple restaurants.
- Street Food City - A huge gathering of popular food trucks outside the Vancouver Art Gallery.
See the Dine Out Vancouver Events page for more events.