The Holi festival is taking place on March 21, 2019 in Mumbai. If you're wondering how to best celebrate, check out these Holi parties that will be happening at various locations in and around the city.
- Holi Party and Dharavi Tour: Do something different his Holi and celebrate with the community at Dharavi slum. Reality Tours is running this special trip on March 20 (the day before Holi). You'll go on their signature Dharavi tour first, and then be taken to the girls' football field where you'll be provided with natural colors and joined by people from Dharavi, children from Reality Tours' various community programs, and also their staff. You'll get to play Holi there, accompanied by music. Time: 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. Cost: 1,400 rupees per person. The price includes drinks, snacks and a white T-shirt to wear.
- Zoom Holi Fest: Want to mix with Bollywood celebrities and enjoy performances from leading Bollywood artists? Zoom Holi Fest is billed as Bollywood's biggest Holi celebration. The venue is the luxurious Taj Lands End hotel in Bandra (one of the top five-star hotels in Mumbai). Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost: 10,000 rupees upwards. The price includes premium alcohol and gourmet food, and organic colors.
- Sunburn Holi Bash with DJ Snake: Perfect for those who want to party hard this Holi, Asia's biggest electronic dance festival will feature famous French producer and DJ Snake on his India tour. Other artists include Siana Catherine, Amann Nagpal, Ali Merchant, and Omen. It will be held at Mumbai's MMRDA Grounds at the Bandra-Kurla Complex. Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost: 1,000 rupees upwards for entry only.
- Holi Reloaded: This long-running Holi party is back for its 7th season this year at the Tulip Star hotel in Juhu. It's known for being the premier electronic dance music Holi event. Other genres include techno, deep house, jungle TRAP, and psychedelic trance. Time: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost: 750 rupees upwards.
- Bolly Boom Holi Bash: Claiming to be India's largest Holi party, this event at Khar Gymkhana will have nine artists, live performances, rain dance, organic colors, and curated food and beverages. The top artists include The Doorbeen (of Lamberghini track fame), DJ Ali Merchant (a well-known actor and musician), DJ Amann Nagpal and DJ Cyrus. Time: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost: 500 rupees upwards for entry only.
- Rang De Holi: This convenient Holi party for people in South Mumbai, happening at Wilson Gymkhana at Marine Lines, will be headlined by music producer and Bollywood DJ Chetas. Other attractions include mud pool, organic colors, and rain dance. Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost: 500 rupees upwards.
- RangRave - Festival of Colors: An epic Holi party at Nesco in Goregaon East (near the Western Express Highway), with top Indian DJs spinning across various genres, traditional dhol musicians, organic colors, rain dance, and food. Time: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost: 499 rupees upwards.
- Colour Splash at The Country Club: Seven artists and a live band will be performing at this popular family-friendly Holi party in Andheri West. There will also be a foam zone, rain dance, and color bombs. Time: Starts at 10 a.m. Cost: 499 rupees rupees upwards.
- Holi Festival at Essel World: As usual, Essel World (one of India's top theme and amusement parks) is holding its annual Holi celebration. This party is ideal for families, with plenty of rides, food and fun. There will be a DJ and rain dance but no colors, keeping it as eco-friendly as possible. Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost: 1,050 rupees rupees. Early bird discounts are available.
- Holi Festival at Water Kingdom: If you'd prefer to get wet and wild this Holi, you may prefer this event at Water Kingdom next to Essel World. There will be food and a Bollywood DJ. Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Cost: 1,290 rupees. Early bird discounts are available.
- Imagica Holi Bash: Another of India's top theme parks near Mumbai is throwing a massive four-day Holi party across the whole long weekend. Attractions include live performances, parades, acrobats, pool party, DJs spinning Bollywood dance music, and special food and drinks. Cost: Tickets start from 1,099 rupees. Stay and travel options are available.
- Holi Bash Beach Camping at Alibaug: Want celebrate Holi away from the city? Join this groovy beach camping experience under the stars! It includes games, DJ, live music, rain dance, barbecue, bonfire, and tent accommodations right on the beach. The location has bathrooms and washrooms. Cost: 2,500 rupees upwards.
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!