The Holi festival is taking place on Monday, March 13, 2017 in Mumbai. If you're wondering how to best celebrate, check out these Holi parties that will be happening at various locations across the city.
- Holi Party and Dharavi Tour: Do something different his Holi, and visit Dharavi slum and celebrate with the community. Reality Tours is running this special trip on Sunday, March 12 (the day before Holi). You'll go on their signature Dharavi tour first, then be taken to the girls' football field where you'll be provided with natural colors and joined by people from Dharavi, children from Reality Tours' various community programs, and also their staff. You'll get to play Holi there, accompanied by non-stop music. Time: 9 a.m. until 1.30 p.m. Cost: 1,200 rupees per person.
- Rang Barse 2017: Billed to be Mumbai's most happening Holi party, this event is taking place at Mahalaxmi Racecourse in south Mumbai. It has the usual rain dance, organic colors, DJ, food and alcohol stalls. Time: 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost: 600 rupees per person, or 400 rupees for early birds until March 10. Perfect for those who don't want to pay too much to party!
- BollyBoom Holi Bash: This event claims to be the world's largest Holi bash. It features Bollyboom, India's only live Bollywood dance music performance. Expect Bollywood music infused with electronic beats by DJs Chetas, Nucleya, Amann and Shireen Aida Khan. The venue is the Tulip Star hotel in suburban Juhu. Time: 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. Cost: 2,000 rupees (with 1,000 redeemable on drinks). Or 5,000 rupees for a Gold Pass with unlimited beverages.
- Color by the Bay at Marine Drive: An interactive Holi event, there will also be an adventure zone and flea market, as well as live acts. It has a fabulous setting right on the iconic "Queen's Necklace". Location: Wilson Gymkhana (near Marine Lines Railway Station). The headlining DJ is Ali Merchant, who is an actor as well as DJ. He will be dropping some hot Bollywood mashups. Other DJs will play everything from old skool hip hop to deep house. Time: 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Cost: 500 rupees per person, or 2,999 for VIP access.
- Holi Invasion: Back for the second year this year, Box Cricket League celebrities are the feature at this event and they'll interact with the crowd. VIP ticket holders receive a personal greeting. The music ranges from Bollywood to electronic. Time: 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost: 800 rupees (cover 500 rupees) per person or 1,500 rupees (cover 1,000 rupees) for a VIP pass. Location: Karmveer Sports Complex, 4 Bungalows, Andheri West.
- Lawman Holi Reloaded: Back for its fifth edition, this year this event brings legendary dance music act Above & Beyond to Mumbai. If you love electronic music, this is the event to attend! Time: 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Cost: 1,499 rupees to 2,800 rupees. Location: JVPD Grounds, Juhu.