Why Choose St. Lucia as Your Caribbean Getaway?
St. Lucia has become a prime draw for luxury travel to the Caribbean. Why? St. Lucia is an English-speaking island offering:
• Direct flights from North America
• Flavorful Caribbean culture and cuisine (and chocolate tourism!)
• A spectacular landscape of azure seas, beach, rainforest, and mountains
• And exquisite hotels
• Find out just what luxury travelers can expect on breathtaking St. Lucia
What Makes St. Lucia Visitors Coo,"I Love Views"?
One of the best things about St. Lucia is its luxury hotels in magnificent settings amidst mountains and beach.
Most of the properties below offer dramatic views of the Pitons, the island's UNESCO World Heritage-listed twin peaks. Guests can savor these panoramas on their accommodations' considerable outdoor spaces: decks, terraces, plunge pools, open walls on the view side.
Here, the most seductive resorts on sultry St. Lucia. (This story was researched in part by Guest Author Christine... Lim.)
01 of 08
This Is One of the World's Most Beloved Resorts
Jade Mountain is St. Lucia's most luxurious and architecturally dramatic boutique resort, resembling a futuristic pagoda. This adults-only resort was ranked #1 in Travel + Leisure's "Top 50 Hotels in the Caribbean" in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
How upscale is Jade Mountain? For one thing, it has its own helipad. For another...
• Its 32 rooms are called Sanctuaries. They are ultra-private, with an open wall overlooking the Pitons and a sizable infinity pool
ˆ And a personal butler called a major domo
• Services offered in-Sanctuary include couples' massage and room service (from shots of run to a six-course, wine-paired meal)
• Kai En Ciel Spa is hushed and devoted to wellness
• Jade Cuisine is masterminded by award-winning chef Allen Susser; many ingredients are grown on the resort's 600-acre estate
• Treats and tours revolve around Jade Mountain's own chocolate
• Guests can enjoy all activities and facilities... at sister resort Anse Chastanet
• Jade Mountain website
• About.com review
02 of 08
Not on the Beach...But You Won't Miss It for a Second
Dramatically beautiful Ladera Resort clings to an emerald-carpeted hillside, with stirring vistas of the Pitons, rainforest, and sea. It is set within the chocolate-producing Rabot Estate.
• Its 32 individual villas and suites are three-walled, with open views yet a feeling of complete seclusion
• Each accommodation has a plunge pool, some with a waterfall
• Suites are done in rainforest chic, with wifi but not a lot of tech toys
• The beach is a quick shuttle van ride away
• The resort attracts romantic couples (kids are not invited)
• Ladera's restaurant, Dasheene, is a Caribbean superstar
• Ladera Resort website
03 of 08
Anse Chastenet, Jade Mountain's sister property, perches on a peninsula overlooking the Pitons. It is private and romantic, with only 49 rooms, all individally designed
• Hillside Deluxe accommodations, around 1300 square feet, offer the best views; their fourth wall is an open balcony
Divine Dining at Anse Chastenet
Anse Chastenet tempts gourmets with three restaurants including a treehouse dining terrace|
• A variety of menus include "rainforest vegetarian," Creole, and St. Lucian-East Indian fusion
• Chocolate treats are made from property-grown beans
Just a Few Steps (OK, 100) to the Caribbean Beach
Anse Chastanet's beach is reached by a 100-step stone staircase,
• Recreational choices cover scuba, snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, jungle biking, and more
• Sunset cruises on one of the property's numerous motorized or sailing vessels are popular
• Anse Chastenet website
• TripSavvy review
04 of 08
Where the Azure Caribbean Meets to Sapphire Atlantic
Tech-friendly, villas-only Cap Maison offers a taste of both the Caribbean and the Atlantic. It was ranked #2 in Travel + Leisure's "Top 50 Hotels in the Caribbean" in 2015 and 2016.
• The name means "Cape House;" the hotel is set in a rambling mansion on a seaside promontory
Cap Maison is not within sightlines of the Pitons, but is set on St. Lucia's craggy Atlantic shore
• The best villas have rooftop terraces to savor the ocean panorama
• A "Champagne zipline" whooshes bottles of bubbly to villa decks from Rock Maison, a seawater-filled natural rock pool with carved-in ice buckets
• The hotel's restaurant, The Cliff at Cap Maison, is one of St. Lucia's best, with overwater deck dining
• Guests can charter Cap Maison I, the property's 46-foot Sea Ray motor launch, for day cruises
• Cap Maison websiteContinue to 5 of 8 below.
05 of 08
SUGAR BEACH, A VICEROY RESORT
Fashionable Yet Relaxed
Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort is a superb, genteel renovation of the former Jalousie Plantation. Like all Viceroy Resorts, its style is glamorous and modern.
Accommodations include luxury villas, beachfront bungalows, Sugar Mill rooms and lux apartments with full kitchens. Every room comes with personalized butler service.
Five dining and drinking venues range from elegant Caribbean fusion fare to the Late Night Bar.
• Guests lounging poolside or on the beach need only to wave a flag to order a drink (the mint daiquiri is tops)
• A rummelier shepherds tipplers through tastings of the Caribbean's signature spirit
• Patrons of the spacious Rainforest Spa undergo their treatments in charming private treehouses
• The Kids' Club has a storybook theme, with murals by illustrator Lucy Loveheart
• Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort website
06 of 08
THE BODYHOLIDAY LeSPORT
A Legendary Fitness Vacation Destination
The BodyHoliday LeSport is a genteel, all-inclusive beachfront resort with a fitness and spa focus. The typical guest comes here to indulge in Caribbean pleasures but also to get or stay in peak condition
• Almost everything (meals, cocktails, sports and classes, entertainment, tips) is included in room rate
• Also included: a 50-minute spa treatment daily
• Fitness pursuits range from the expected (yoga, Pilates, tennis, golf) to the unusual (archery, tai chi, meditation, combat)
• Cuisine is healthful and delicious. Property restaurants include TAO, an acclaimed Asian-fusion spot
ˆ The hotel is a favorite for girls' and guys' getaways, and has a friendly, social vibe
• Rooms are done in breezy English Plantation style
• The BodyHoliday LeSport website
• TripSavvy review
07 of 08
BOUCAN BY HOTEL CHOCOLAT
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat appeals to chocolate connoisseurs, and is the most choco-centric resort in choco-craving St. Lucia. It is located on Rabot Estate, the cacao farm of the Hotel Chocolat brand.
Boucan's• three-hour activity, the interactive Tree to Bar Experience, transforms chocoholics into chocolatiers
• Boucan's 14 lodges are sleek, modern cabins
• They're done in modern eco-chic, with wood, glass, and plants
• Outstanding appointments include open-sky rainforest showers and private verandas with dazzling views of the Pitons peaks
• Guest amenities are high-end, like free wifi and a quartz-lined infinity pool
Chocolate, Chocolate Everywhere
08 of 08